What the heck is she doing with her eye?

Just an update here folks... Iris passed away on Sunday. I woke up and checked on her and she didnt look good, she was a pretty light green color but was laying flat at the middle of her cage with both eyes closed. Soon after she was gone. Ill spare you the details. She went downhill so fast. I'm so heartbroken. I called the vet on Monday to find out if her blood work had come back yet. She said it did and it didn't look good. She had a vitamin deficiency among some other things she probably had since she was a lil egg. The vet said that's why she was so small and not growing very much. She said she sees this alot from pet store reptiles I feel so bad for Iris and I'm so angry at the store for allowing this to happen. Ugh.. I had so many plans for the the two of us when she got bigger.. I wanted her since I was a little girl and waited till I knew I was ready to treat her like a little queen.. ugh just breaks my heart.
Thanks all for all the great advice I really appreciate it. Take care.
I am so sorry for your loss. Just know that this wasn't your fault. You did everything that you could have done. I am sure Iris is happy in a place up high somewhere. I am sending you my best wishes for you and Iris. Just please do not blame yourself. I am sure Iris loved you very much, and I am so, so sorry for what happened. You truly were a great care-taker of her. Everything you did shows you love her and care. Rest in peace, Iris. <3

I am so sorry for your loss. Just know that this wasn't your fault. You did everything that you could have done. I am sure Iris is happy in a place up high somewhere. I am sending you my best wishes for you and Iris. Just please do not blame yourself. I am sure Iris loved you very much, and I am so, so sorry for what happened. You truly were a great care-taker of her. Everything you did shows you love her and care. Rest in peace, Iris. <3

Thank you so much.. This made me smile. Ugh even after talking with my vet I just still have in the back of my mind what if I did something. My husband asked if I wanted another baby cham and I said no.. if it was my fault I don't ever want to do that to another baby again.. so I'll read some more become a mini expert and try again later after my heart heals.

I’m so sorry for your loss. R.I.P Iris

Thank you.. it's just awful I felt like my heart was so full with this lil lady. Its strange I have always brought home the animals people didn't want anymore. I love all beasts.. lol.. but ive never felt as complete as I did with her.

Thank you so much.. This made me smile. Ugh even after talking with my vet I just still have in the back of my mind what if I did something. My husband asked if I wanted another baby cham and I said no.. if it was my fault I don't ever want to do that to another baby again.. so I'll read some more become a mini expert and try again later after my heart heals.

Thank you.. it's just awful I felt like my heart was so full with this lil lady. Its strange I have always brought home the animals people didn't want anymore. I love all beasts.. lol.. but ive never felt as complete as I did with her.
I promise it's not your fault. I think it's a natural thing to blame one's self for things like this, but it's nothing you could have done. You did an amazing job. I am so, so sorry for your loss. <3

They sure can grow on you

Back
Top Bottom