What substrate to use?

i use cage carpet because it looks better and you can wash it. news paper is great becasue it is cheap and easily replaced as needed.

I use paper towels for my enclosures with a bottom. News paper will work also. DO NOT USE anything like bark or sand. If your cham eats this he could become impacted. Paper or nothing is best in my opinion.

i just recieved my cham today :):D but when i was setting his cage up i put in paper towels( i didn't have any paper at the time) but i may use the sunday paper that i got.

None. It wipes clean very easily, drains easily, and is easy to collect fecal specimens from. And you can spray it with a novasan solution to disinfect it, and rinse it and wipe it and .... Viola!

i use cage carpet because it looks better and you can wash it. news paper is great becasue it is cheap and easily replaced as needed.

I wanna start using a cage carpet but I cant find one to fit the size of my reptarium. Did you have to like cut a bunch up and like line them up.

You are really better off with nothing at the bottom of your cage. If anything a paper towel or newspaper. You will find that the water that hits the carpet and the poo that will amass on it will break down and get really dirty plus unless you wash it, it will start to smell after a while. I too tried to use carpet at one point and needless to say it did not work too well.

i use nothing, ive found using paper towels and other paper flooring that my cham will take the occasional bite out of it, plus it gets all soggy falls apart and is a pain to clean up.

I use i think it is called crushed coconut shell.....it keeps the humidity in the cage very well and kind of gives it a natural look to it with the vines waterfall and what not

I use i think it is called crushed coconut shell.....it keeps the humidity in the cage very well and kind of gives it a natural look to it with the vines waterfall and what not

you should realy take the coconut shell out and the waterfall out both are no good for chams. the shell can make them impacted and the waterfall can breed bacterea and that can make your cham very sick if not kill him.

and as for me i use nothing its cheep and easy to clean.

one more thing if you want to keep somthing in his cage that will keep the humidity up use live plants. ficus or shefalfera work well i know i did not spell that right sorry. make sure you change out the soil to a organic soil and go to home depot and get a bag of rocks for like 4 bucks " dont get pebbles" get rocks he cant fit in his mouth. and you should be all good. also i hope you have him in a screen cage. they dont do well in glass cages.

i have found home depot or lowes to be a cham keepers best friend.

i don't know.....he seems to like the waterfall.... I mean, I clean it out regularly so it doesn't get dirty, and kind of agree about the coconut shell.....I think when I clean it out, I am going to use nothing at the bottom.....it will actually give me about 4-5 more inches of up and down room for him to roam......I watch him eat, and he never tags anything off the ground, he is a patient hunter and lets them come to him......i thought he would have been more aggressive than that. The female I inherited was very aggressive and ran right after the 1st few lol.....they are complete opposites....

you just put the rocks on top of the soil???? that's what your tellin me....I and that would still keep the humidity up.....i live where the humidity isn't great most of the time and is dry in the house as well.....and I keep him in a reptarium right now......until I build him something nice.....trying to work out the funds for that.....where did you get dali at.....that is a sweet lookin cham.....I am looking to buy a panther real soon, and lookin at westcoastcham's......but yours is neat looking....

Back
Top Bottom