What small tree would be good 4 ft

Schefflera Amate and Schefflera Arbicola are both readily available and good cham trees. They both grow quickly and have nice foilage and stems... but not branchy like an oak and will still need to add more vertical branches.

25FC91B3-8051-4D62-A9A7-C406D9774E27.jpeg

Coming close to being done/just awaiting a basking fixture. I have a dimmable 30w full spectrum led for the plant, a linear uvb, the plant is a Codiaeum variegatum, and my umbrella plant will also be making it in there this Friday when he moves. The mist king with 2 spray head is installed. I have the settings adjusted to my liking!

Looking good. (y)

I would ditch the carpeting (hard to keep clean & odorless, and can grow molds & mildew) in favor of tile or some other easier to clean substrate. ;)

This is what I have things cost money. I’ll just wash it in washer with some dawn. Let it air dry. Do it once a week routine n such

This is what I have things cost money. I’ll just wash it in washer with some dawn. Let it air dry. Do it once a week routine n such
You can do ceramic tile for $5-$10 (Search your nearest big-box home improvement store for 24 x 24 ceramic tile or equiv.) You don't need adhesive, grout, etc.
Cleans up with a wipe, spritz, and another wipe. Saves time and—in the long run—money, and safer for the cham. Just a suggestion.

This is going to be an issue. THey really should be on top of the enclosure going through aluminum window screen. You UVI level is going to be much too high with them mounted inside and your going to have a thermal burn risk with the basking fixture being inside.

I would cut out the top of the cabinet so you can add the screen and have them on top.

This is going to be an issue. THey really should be on top of the enclosure going through aluminum window screen. You UVI level is going to be much too high with them mounted inside and your going to have a thermal burn risk with the basking fixture being inside.

I would cut out the top of the cabinet so you can add the screen and have them on top.
What if I just screeened them inside ? I mean I can definitely screen the top in there’s like a foot difference

What if I just screeened them inside ? I mean I can definitely screen the top in there’s like a foot difference
It is dangerous... If your using the standard T5 with a 5.0or 6% bulb you need a full 9 inches to the basking branch. He is going to be able to reach up and grab things. Putting hot fixtures inside creates high risk for thermal burns.

It is up to you but not something I would risk. I would either cut out a section of the top for the lights or pull off the top panel and secure the structure adding screen after.

It is dangerous... If your using the standard T5 with a 5.0or 6% bulb you need a full 9 inches to the basking branch. He is going to be able to reach up and grab things. Putting hot fixtures inside creates high risk for thermal burns.

It is up to you but not something I would risk. I would either cut out a section of the top for the lights or pull off the top panel and secure the structure adding screen after.
Okay so I screen in all the lights 12 inchs down from the lights inside the cage? I can’t pull the top off without Tearing everything apart my mist king and having to tear it all apart. Would that be more acceptable?

Back
Top Bottom