What should I have ready to feed my hatchling Panther chameleon?

Picasso123

Once I get actually decide on a locale what kinds of prey can a Panther Chameleon eat at 3mths? Is it only pinhead crickets?

food for baby chamies

Mine was eating small crickets by 3 months, along with some very small meal worms. At 2 months he wanted to snap up small crickets, but they are just too big for his littl mouth, so i stuck with larger pinheads.
LLLReptile ships all sizes of crickets overnight for the best price I hae seen. Also, if you worry about neutrition, look up a product called Carnavore Care. It can be mixed with water and fed either directly to your animal, or to the crickets.

Have fun,
julie

pinheads are way too small for a 3 month old. You should get 1/4" -3/8" crickets, baby hornworms, baby silkworms, smal dubia nymphs, small supers......
The rule is no bigger than the space between his eyes so follow that and you should be fine. The exception to that rule is soft bodied feeders like horns or silks but use commons sense and dont try and feed a 3 month old a medium sized hornworm.

Also, if you worry about neutrition, look up a product called Carnavore Care. It can be mixed with water and fed either directly to your animal, or to the crickets.

this is not only really bad advice, but totaly unneeded.
insectivors would need insectivor care if they were too sick to eat on their own, NOT carnivor care.

------------------------

try feeding houseflys, small crickets you can get at any pet shop (aka: 2-3 week olds), small super worms, the smaller butter worms, 1" silkworms/hornworms...the list is endless.

Harry

pinheads are way too small for a 3 month old. You should get 1/4" -3/8" crickets, baby hornworms, baby silkworms, smal dubia nymphs, small supers......
The rule is no bigger than the space between his eyes so follow that and you should be fine. The exception to that rule is soft bodied feeders like horns or silks but use commons sense and dont try and feed a 3 month old a medium sized hornworm.

This is your best advice from a man who has successfully raised beautiful panthers. Also you do not want to feed the baby carnivore care as chameleons are not carnivores, they are insectivores. That is why most of us will make a bug juice for an insectivore. But you should NOT have any need for that nor would you want to introduce it without a serious need. Your best bet is the correct feeders that are well gutloaded. You will do great with him.

Back
Top Bottom