What Panther is this

aggiegrad2012

I'm not very good with the Panther group, so could anyone help me with what this one is?

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 174
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 191
I will get more pictures today, he was dropped off just a few days ago. I work for a "captive animal" facility, if you will, and I'm not allowed to handle this guy since he is in quarantine and I don't work the herp routine. Can you believe someone just donated him!? I was like, "hey hand me a free panther any day!"

I will get more pictures today, he was dropped off just a few days ago. I work for a "captive animal" facility, if you will, and I'm not allowed to handle this guy since he is in quarantine and I don't work the herp routine. Can you believe someone just donated him!? I was like, "hey hand me a free panther any day!"

I see that you're an Aggie. Are you in the Houston area? If you decide that you don't "want" him, let me know! :D

More pics please!

Class of 12' WHOOP! Yeah I live in Kemah currently, but I will be moving to the Texas City area soon. Finally buying a house, much to my chameleons excitement as they will be getting their own room! Yeah he has already embedded himself into everyone's heart, so he has found his forever home; too bad, he would have looked sweet in my free range!

If this animal has blue in its barring i would definitely say ambilobe. Which i think im seeing. :D

Not all sambavas have the classic U barring. What typically sets them aside along with the classic u barring are the "dot or markings" (sometimes more but typically it will not be littered like a faly or be. Usually 3) under the U barring. The great thing with each animal developing its own uniqueness. Sometimes one of those markings will merge with the U making it look like a Y. One last thing is the coloring of the barring. Classic sambava barring should be red and/or sometimes look dark green.

I have a hold back right now as a young (up to 4 months) sambava had a clear U bar and now it looks like a Y. If i didnt know any better i would guess him as a possible red bar ambilobe. :eek:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom