What lighting

Cameryn

Hey sorry I know it’s late but I can’t figure out what lighting to get for my Cham I haven’t gotten him yet but want to be prepared this is the on that I’m planning on buying but want to make sure that its good

No you will need a linear UVB bulb that spans your entire enclosure. I think I said this in the last post of yours but I HIGHLY suggest looking through ALL the resources in the resource tab here and the care sheets as well.

T5HO is the lighting you need for UVB. I would get a fixture that is atleast 24" long to accommodate the recommended adult size cages.

What species of chameleon are you looking to get? Generally, a 5.0 or 6% UVB bulb will be good for the common species such as Veileds and Panthers.

Ok my cage is a 16”x16”x30” cause I’m getting a baby
Since you'll need to eventually upgrade to a bigger cage, I suggest getting the 24" wide fixture at least so you won't have to buy a bigger light when you buy a bigger cage. It can just hang over the sides for now.

Last edited:
Oh ok I didn’t think about that thanks

You can also get the big boy cage and section it off. I will buy the reptibreeze xls 24x24x48, and lift the bottom up 2ft to create a 2ft cube. But as long as jr can find food and has a good drinking/hydration method, you can put them in the big cage as soon as convenient. Though that means cup feeder training before hand, or float all toys/plants 6" above the bottom of the cage so the feeders cant hide.

Ok my cage is a 16”x16”x30” cause I’m getting a baby
I wouldn’t waste my money on that size cage they grow so fast they are eating machines and in within 6 months you will be looking to buy a adult size enclosure. Believe me 6 months will come faster then you know it. Also like other members have said get your taco 24 inch light fixture.

As everyone said, the smaller cage wont last long. I had to upgrade to a 24" x 24" x 48" tall after a few months. More cost effective to go big from the start unless you don't mind dropping the extra cash after a few months. Generally, around the 8-10 month age (possibly younger) is when you'll absolutely need to get a larger cage for a veiled.

Back
Top Bottom