What kind of water should be use in fog generator?

I used to use distilled but now I use tap. Just clean it once a week, mine has lasted over 4 years. I use a large vics humidifier outfitted with a hose and a custom Tee adapter to feed two enclosures side by side.

What kind of water should be use in fog generator? is it distilled or filtrated water.
The only kind of water that should be run through foggers or automatic misters is distilled or RO water. If you use straight Tap water you will damage your device due to calcium and mineral build up.

I used to use distilled but now I use tap. Just clean it once a week, mine has lasted over 4 years. I use a large vics humidifier outfitted with a hose and a custom Tee adapter to feed two enclosures side by side.

I prefer distilled water. Is it ok for chameleon’s health it’s will not be worse for him?

As long as you are supplementing correctly using distilled or RO water are ok because your supplementation is making up for any loss in vitamins/minerals that the water would provide.

The only kind of water that should be run through foggers or automatic misters is distilled or RO water. If you use straight Tap water you will damage your device due to calcium and mineral build up.

I must have got a really good one, or just maintaining it made it last for this long. I've had several over the years the ultra sonic pond foggers die fast when using tap. Distilled is recommended but like I said if maintained properly it could last you a long time. One difference I noticed is that the ultra sonic pond foggers have a metallic plate or disc while mine appears to be ceramic.

I prefer distilled water. Is it ok for chameleon’s health it’s will not be worse for him?

The fog will not have chlorine in it as it will dissipate. It's practically distilling the water as it turns into vapor or fog. This is why you get calcium and mineral build up on the disks. It seems to cook or vibrate out all the contaminants while exciting the water molecules.

Back
Top Bottom