What kind of screen should I use for a homemade enclosure?

We are building my Panther Chameleon a new enclosure. What screen do you guys recommend? Would this work? Open for suggestions:)
7E94775F-45D4-4BE5-ACF8-7287C288AF08.jpeg

I think you want to avoid galvanized, like hardware cloth.
So it is between plastic, aluminum screen, fiberglass screen or welded wire.
I would avoid fiberglass screen, I don’t think it would hold up.
Aluminum is standard.
The plastic @SourGrape4u showed is the best IMHO. But not the most attractive. I like it on the sides idea, then you could do a plexiglass front for viability.

I think you want to avoid galvanized, like hardware cloth.
So it is between plastic, aluminum screen, fiberglass screen or welded wire.
I would avoid fiberglass screen, I don’t think it would hold up.
Aluminum is standard.
The plastic @SourGrape4u showed is the best IMHO. But not the most attractive. I like it on the sides idea, then you could do a plexiglass front for viability.
Thank you ?

Keep in mind if you use something with a wider guage then feeders can escape and you can not feed things like Black soldier flies and blue bottle flies or they will be all over your house.

Keep in mind if you use something with a wider guage then feeders can escape and you can not feed things like Black soldier flies and blue bottle flies or they will be all over your house.
The only thing I’m worried about with the screen is him hurting his nails. What do you think?

I have about her question. Is it safe to use paint inside the enclosure?

Based on this old post I have used Krylon Fusion spray paint in my enclosures. It works well and is non-toxic once it has dried. It does need a week or so to dry before it's safe to use. I have used it on top of DryLok which I have used to waterproof wooden enclosures, and I have also used it on screen to prevent corrosion.

Go hybrid and use the 1/4” hardware cloth on the sides and the 1/2” on the top.

Attachments

• 70C79833-630A-4E21-AD2B-A59FEDEF6080.jpeg
    70C79833-630A-4E21-AD2B-A59FEDEF6080.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 89
Back
Top Bottom