What kind of panther is this?

@chris

In a few days I’m going to buy everything I need for a panther enclosure and at my local reptile store they have these juvenile panthers. I’m not sure what kind they are. The pictures are blurry but I would love help figuring out what they might be. It looks slightly purple and green.

Attachments

• 1B433D4D-3562-49D8-94B9-3DDB8C5278D0.jpeg
    1B433D4D-3562-49D8-94B9-3DDB8C5278D0.jpeg
    285.9 KB · Views: 129
The one visible chameleon on the vine looks like a female so there is no way to tell what locale they might be looking at her. Additionally they are young and you won't be able to tell even looking at a male. If you can get pictures of the males we can only do so much as give you a guesstimation. It is a lot easier to identify panther locales from adult males.

Edit: On second thought it looks to be a male with very drab colours. Try get some more pictures of them looking a little brighter.

It's definitely a male. Zooming in on the pic on my phone revealed the hemipenes bump on the base of the tail and pretty pronounced rostral process going on. A better pic (zoomed in a bit) may help but, I agree the current pic is still to drab to guess locale. Does the store not know what he's suppose to be?

I agree, there is a clear hemipenal bulge. The colors are too nondescript to make a good guess as to locale, though. I would be a little hesitant to buy if they don't know the locale (which probably means they don't know where he came from)

Back
Top Bottom