What kind of cham is this?

darryl99

Anyone know what kind of cham this is? It looks huge!

953517n_20.jpg

Ditto the above, that's a beautiful Meller's. It's typical for these guys to get around 18" in length and some reach even greater lengths.

mellers dont really have horns.

to sex them.. a female may eventually lay eggs. or you get flashed..

Bwwwaaaaahahahahahaha! No, really, I did just lol... :D

well its true!!!!

most people on here who have mellers dont know the gender until they get flashed or a girl lays eggs!!

and trust me. getting flashed is scary.

my panther does it all the time. and sadly, i have to help him put it back in. :rolleyes:

As already stated. That's a Mellers!

I kept one for a little bit! Lil spooky, they look at you like they are trying to figure you out, that and their share size is a bit intimidating

As already stated. That's a Mellers!

I kept one for a little bit! Lil spooky, they look at you like they are trying to figure you out, that and their share size is a bit intimidating

i think their size is what makes htem so cool!

That very cham is for sale here in Calgary... It is posted on KIJIJI as a "giant chameleon" with its aquarium... yes, aquarium... for $800!!! a wee bit much... If the seller was open to reasonable offers it would already be in my herd. Cheers!

i think it's female because it doesn't have the giant one horn like the male does:)

mellers dont really have horns.

Both male and female Trioceros melleri have horns. They have a single bony blade extending from the middle of the snout and there is a short annulated horn projecting off the tip of this blade. Unfortunately the horns are generally rubbed down pretty badly in captivity (both in WC, CH, and CB specimens) so you rarely see a properly formed horn. They do have them, however.

Chris

... yes, aquarium... for $800!!! a wee bit much...

An aquarium remotely sufficient in size for an adult Meller's chameleon would be worth much more than $800 ;) Even a basic 120 gal aquarium, 2ft tall x 2 ft deep x 4 ft long will run close to $500, and that would be pretty darn small for an adult Meller's.

cj

Back
Top Bottom