What is your first thought?

slang1

So bought this guy as an Ambilobe/Picasso, but what is the boards verdict regarding the locale of this boy? He is around 8 months old.

Ups here are the pics :eek:
IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0771-1.jpg

Wow he looks amazing. He looks like an ambilobe tamatave cross, but Idk if that's been done before. Is he w.c.

Wow he looks amazing. He looks like an ambilobe tamatave cross, but Idk if that's been done before. Is he w.c.

Thanks :) No he is c.b. and i know for sure that the breeder never had Tamatave in his collection, Only these he callede Picasso, Ambanja, and Nosy Bé. I have no reason to doubt that he is not Ambilobe, but he does look different.

I have no idea what a Picasso is. He probably called a tamatave a Picasso, because Picasso is not a real locale

Earlier in the days Ambilobe were often called Picasso to keep the location secret. But i sure dont think my boy is a tamatave - well not pure tamatave anyway. The only thing things that makes me think yhat he maybe has some tamatave in him is the litle white he has on his back, and on the chin.

Looks not unlike Ambliobe to me

Picasso was described to me as a cross-local that includes Ambilobe

So, you've either got Ambilobe or Picasso for sure :)

Picasso is one of chameleonsnorthwest's breeders. He could have tamatave in his bloodline and those characteristics were just recessive and not visible in the sire... Just a thought.

And his arms and face ;)

His arms are more grey than white, i think that is juvenile colors more than his actual color - time will tell. His face/forehead is turquise not white ;)

Chameleon Paradise´s Candy Cane also has a lot of white on his head, so clearly some Ambis show a litle white.

sandrachameleon Looks not unlike Ambliobe to me Picasso was described to me as a cross-local that includes Ambilobe So said:
No just a litle different to most Ambilobes ;) But would be funny i anybody had some pics of some chams that looks like my boy - Regardles of the locale.

Chameleon Paradise´s Candy Cane also has a lot of white on his head, so clearly some Ambis show a litle white.

mcleodschams He does look ambi x tam[/QUOTE said:
Dont know anybody in Denmark yhat has kept Tamatave, so I really doubt he has Tamatave in him. But then again anything is possible :)
I really appreciate all your thoughts and replys, keep em comming.

Ups here are the pics :eek:
IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0771-1.jpg

I can see the tamatave traits on his throat but I have also seen pure ambi with that and the orange towards the tail also resembles tam but the person you brought him of has to no best and I can reason with that so I would probly go with what you where told

the v in the pattern goes below the white vertical line. it really does look like a tamatave to me. dont think ive ever seen a full ambilobe with the v that goes that far down.

the v in the pattern goes below the white vertical line. it really does look like a tamatave to me. dont think ive ever seen a full ambilobe with the v that goes that far down.

I really appreciate your thoughts, but have never heard about that. If you look some of the Kammers ambilobes, there is some with the V/Y or whatever it is, that goes below the vertical line too.

IMG_0338.jpg

Here is a pic from when he was younger. You can clearly see the grey/white is much more domminant particularly around the chin and legs, compared to this recent pic.

IMG_0785.jpg

Can it be that some of this white/grey is the rest of his juvenille coloration, and the adult color just hasent come in?

Back
Top Bottom