What is this (kinda gross)

Toroumi

Hey all, I saw my chameleon struggle to swallow something and it looked like he had a stick in his mouth so I pulled it out and this came out it was kind of long anyone know what it is I feel like it's just a stick but I'm kinda concerned it's not.. pic kinda bad cuz I threw it in the trash before I thought to take a pic

Attachments

• 20211102_233017.jpg
    20211102_233017.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 94
That is so funny-- I keep giving mine a knife and fork, but they still can't figure it out. :unsure: NOT!

Seriously--- Thanks for posting and asking, since it does happen when the plants are not doing well.

And if you would have treated for parasites it does not always end well. Just saying (most of the time it does)(y)

Uhmanduh---- Thanks for the link it is always great to get a fresh crash course and I would have thought the same if it came out the other end and there was no leaf. I have see this in Large Panther groups (new imports) and the worms are alive and wiggling like crazy.. (y)

That is so funny-- I keep giving mine a knife and fork, but they still can't figure it out. :unsure: NOT!

Seriously--- Thanks for posting and asking, since it does happen when the plants are not doing well.

And if you would have treated for parasites it does not always end well. Just saying (most of the time it does)(y)

Uhmanduh---- Thanks for the link it is always great to get a fresh crash course and I would have thought the same if it came out the other end and there was no leaf. I have see this in Large Panther groups (new imports) and the worms are alive and wiggling like crazy.. (y)

At least we have made progress with cups!

4_result.jpg

Hey everyone thanks for the input and sorry for the late reply (busy drowning in college work) I'm pretty sure it was a stem or something since I do have live plants in his enclosure !

When leaves start turning yellow, remove them. Dont wait until they die. When they turn yellow thier attachment to the vine weakens so when the cham pulls on it everything may come with it as it is no longer crisp. removing dying leaves right aeay is good for the plant as well because dying leaves are taking nutrients from the the living plant. Also as soon as it gone the plant knows to start replacing it. From your pic, I think it is plant material and im glad you pulled it out.

When leaves start turning yellow, remove them. Dont wait until they die. When they turn yellow thier attachment to the vine weakens so when the cham pulls on it everything may come with it as it is no longer crisp. removing dying leaves right aeay is good for the plant as well because dying leaves are taking nutrients from the the living plant. Also as soon as it gone the plant knows to start replacing it. From your pic, I think it is plant material and im glad you pulled it out.
Thank u bestie noted 🤝

Back
Top Bottom