what is the best supplement brand(s) to use?

kenzxo

so I've come across many different supplements brands and I was just wondering what is the best one the market!

There is the:
Exo Terra repti calcium with and without D3
Rep-Cal (with vit.D, herptavite, etc)
Repashy (calcium plus LoD or just calcium plus)
Exo Terra multi vitamin
Reptivite

I'm just a little confused as to what ones are the best and if you do have any advice here I'd love to know your dusting routine, I'm also trying to find a good one to go with since everyone seems to have different thoughts/opinions on this!

I've used RepCal phos free calcium, RepCal phos free calcium with D3 and Herptivite for many years. I dust lightly at almost every feeding win the phos free calcium...twice a month lightly with the phos free calcium/D3 and lightly twice a month with the Herptivite. It works for me but it's not the only way.

I also feel that what you feed/gutload the insects with is as important. I feed/gutload crickets, roaches, superworms, locusts with dandelion greens, collards, kale, escarole, endive, carrots, squash, zucchini, sweet potato, sweet red pepper, etc and a bit of fruit such as berries, melons, apples, pears, etc.

My veiled female, for instance live 6 or 7 years as a rule and the males longer.

All that's important is that what you use creates a balance and the chameleons live long healthy lives using it. Others can tell you their supplements and schedule and how their chameleons do to give you options.

Hope is helps.

I've used RepCal phos free calcium, RepCal phos free calcium with D3 and Herptivite for many years. I dust lightly at almost every feeding win the phos free calcium...twice a month lightly with the phos free calcium/D3 and lightly twice a month with the Herptivite. It works for me but it's not the only way.

I also feel that what you feed/gutload the insects with is as important. I feed/gutload crickets, roaches, superworms, locusts with dandelion greens, collards, kale, escarole, endive, carrots, squash, zucchini, sweet potato, sweet red pepper, etc and a bit of fruit such as berries, melons, apples, pears, etc.

My veiled female, for instance live 6 or 7 years as a rule and the males longer.

All that's important is that what you use creates a balance and the chameleons live long healthy lives using it. Others can tell you their supplements and schedule and how their chameleons do to give you options.

Hope is helps.
thank you! this was very helpful and understanding

I had made the switch to using just Repashy calcium with Lo D daily. Then I had an intensive husbandry review by an awesome vet and he recommended I change it, which I have. I’m using all Repashy brand - Supercal No D with each feeding. Alternating once every other week Calcium Lo D (will be med D when I run out) and Supervite. It’s only been about a month with this regimen, but my girl is doing great so I’m sticking with it.

Back
Top Bottom