What is everyone feeding there superworms??

Mr Wilson

Im goning to over night 250 superworms. What is everyone feeding them? im also gonna order some silkworms. Iv seen silkworm chow online but can they be gut loaded like superworms can?

Thanks,
Sean

Silkworms need the chow. You can buy the premixed kind. I prefer it over making it yourself. I never have any luck keeping them so I order smaller batches.

Gut load the supers, feed occasional butterworm sparingly, and hornworms are a good treat every so often as well. You can also try roaches.

Crickets and silkies are your staple.

I gutload mine with potato, carrot, apple and rocket leaves - anything too wet may cause the bran/substrate to go mouldy. Silkworms only feed on either chow or Mulberry leaves. Having said that, mine did eat a small bit of grated carrot and rocket leaves but they prefer the food they are meant to eat.

Silkies need the chow but you can feed them other stuff a few hours before you feed them off so they have different kinds of nutrients in them. They can't live off of other veggies though... If you have a pesticide free mulberry tree you can use the leaves.

I gutload supers with the same stuff I feed my crickets (which I've posted in your other threads) but if it's a more wet food I put it on a little plastic lid so the oats don't get moldy.

Silkworms need the chow. You can buy the premixed kind. I prefer it over making it yourself. I never have any luck keeping them so I order smaller batches.

Gut load the supers, feed occasional butterworm sparingly, and hornworms are a good treat every so often as well. You can also try roaches.

Crickets and silkies are your staple.

I would think roaches to be a staple before silkworms? (And crickets for that matter.) I'm not even sure I would consider silkworms as a staple at all, but I may be alone in that.

My superworms are gutloaded with cricket dry gutload - they basically live in it - plus yams, collard greens, carrots, and orange slices.

When you have a couple hungry Parson's almost everything is a staple including my fingers. LOL.

I would think roaches to be a staple before silkworms? (And crickets for that matter.) I'm not even sure I would consider silkworms as a staple at all, but I may be alone in that.

Well, as of right now Rosie is not wanting to eat any crickets. I have a feeling it may have a lot to do with that being all she ate at the pet store we got her from, though I think the girl who sold Rosie to us said she gave worms once in a while, which to me probably means pretty much never. I just don't think she ever had enough variety!

We've ordered Silk worms for her and are just waiting for them to get to us so we can start to feed her those as well.

Back
Top Bottom