What is Discoid roach?

jacksonchamnew

Avid Member
One of the sellers here says tropical discoid roaches are for sale in Florida. I guess they are legal in Alabama also. I have tried culture of Lobster roach but don't know they are legal. There are all these roach names, Red Runner, Death head, discoid, Dubia and others. I may culture discoid. A nice fat roach with weak chiton.

Discoids are similar to dubia in nutrition. They are pretty mild mannered and easy to keep and reproduce. I find them to be kinda cute, too. And yep, they are Florida legal.

Are Alabama laws the same as florida regarding roaches? I have a handful of FL legal species available, but I honestly don't know how that translates to other states.

Are Alabama laws the same as florida regarding roaches? I have a handful of FL legal species available, but I honestly don't know how that translates to other states.
I don't know. I look online and find nothing. There should be list of illegal insect species. I have my Lobsters in locked cage with vaseline barrier inside house. I think it would be safer to culture discoids.

Back
Top Bottom