What happens if a Chameleon is fine with being handled?

CometTheOdd

I have a small Veiled Chameleon named Cosmic and he is fine with being handled for the most part. He even climbs to my shoulder or head sometimes. I have read on multiple sources that they do not like being handled but Cosmic isn’t bothered by it. I am not sure how to tell if a chameleon is angered though. Is there anything I could look out for to make sure he isn’t mad? He hasn’t hissed or anything while I’ve handled him.

59168AFB-8E19-40C9-BEDC-5B0E1E19C626.jpeg
59168AFB-8E19-40C9-BEDC-5B0E1E19C626.jpeg This is him in his old screened in place.

People say Panthers are chill and tame but when I pull out my dudes tree to clean things he's a force to be reckoned with. I would love to be able to use my hands to put him on a free range plant so I can clean but handling of any sort is pretty much out of the question for me. Maybe you can keep up with food re enforcement for handling and your little one will have positive associations with handling and silkworms

People say Panthers are chill and tame but when I pull out my dudes tree to clean things he's a force to be reckoned with. I would love to be able to use my hands to put him on a free range plant so I can clean but handling of any sort is pretty much out of the question for me. Maybe you can keep up with food re enforcement for handling and your little one will have positive associations with handling and silkworms
They are all different and at very extreme ends of the spectrum. Bob is more like a puppy but that can be hard work lol.

I have two veileds, and now two new panthers. 3 of the 4 are very “tame,” dare I say friendly! My female veiled, as cute as she is, is like a stray cat. HISS FSKFSKFSKFSK!!!!

I don’t think there’s anything wrong or any harm in letting an adventourous chameleon out to climb on you and explore... but I do agree that it means he likes outside the cage more than inside. Who wouldn’t? But it could also mean that maybe he’d like some changes to his enclosure and care. I think both inside and outside the cage should be a safe, comfy area.

Back
Top Bottom