What Happened

Shell

:mad: Hey every one my cham just died i am so angry :mad: his eye was closed and it came right after we got some medicine for it and he was happy eating well climbing every where and then suddenly he just started shaking his head and started gasping and within 2 minutes from that happening he just died.his temps are spot on his humidity is spot on i dont know what happened to him i cant explain it is there some one out there that has had something similar happen to them.he was fine and just died within a space of 5 mins :(

No he wasnt choking i dont think...i only frd him waxworms and locusts.I am suprised at gow quickly it happened as i had just found my local exotic vet and could have taken him if there was enough time which there wasnt.I feel like i failed the little fella:( maybe i over-looked something.He was happy and healthy! My parner added a yucca plant to the terrarium which is not on the plants list could this have caused his death?I did take it out almost immediately but could the locusts have eaten it and in turn poisoned him when he ate the locusts?My partner is really beating himself up over it in case it was this that killed him.

No he wasnt choking i dont think...i only fed him waxworms and locusts.I am suprised at how quickly it happened as i had just found my local exotic vet and could have taken him if there was enough time which there wasnt.I feel like i failed the little fella:( maybe i over-looked something.He was happy and healthy! My parner added a yucca plant to the terrarium which is not on the plants list could this have caused his death?I did take it out almost immediately but could the locusts have eaten it and in turn poisoned him when he ate the locusts?My partner is really beating himself up over it in case it was this that killed him.

Let your partner know that Yucca is not toxic. As rapidly as you describe his demise, you might want to consider a necropsy as was suggested.

Thank you for that he's a big man but a softie at heart and has been crying his eyes out over this.He's heart broken.We were thinking that the petshop where we bought him from may have sold him to us already sick :mad:

We cherish all our animals and if 1 of them dies then it's like 1 of the family have died.Why is it that too many dealers in pets see them as just a quick buck...Our lil fella was just a baby.:( we loved him to bits even though we had him for just a week.We dont have loads of money but we would have given every last cent we had to do the right thing and get him the propper attention even if it meant we wouldnt be paying our bills or eating that week:(

Shell-I am so sorry for your loss. My first one that was a little over a month old died in much the same way you are desribing and it broke my heart. Amazing how these little ones can get you so attached to them. With my first one I think I had a few things working against me. I beleive that he was dehydrated when I got him, he was too young, and he may have been already sick. There is also always the case that there is just a high mortality rate with young ones. My first one died after i had him for 6 days within a few hours after first being unable to open his eyes and secondly doing the gasping/choking thing which is often associated with dehydration. I am happy to say that I have been very successful with my second one. Things I have learned-get a GOOD digital thermometer with a probe to measure all temps. Screen cage, correct UVB, and buy from a breeder rather than a Petstore(unless theyhave stellar reptile housing). Good Luck! This forum is amazing with wonderful advice and experienced people.

sorry to hear about it....i remember when stuey died....was kinda my fault and i didnt kno it so it made me feel worse :( some kinda letuce....gave him MBD:( and yes listen to these guys they give lots of helpful advice like when i was trying to get stuey better they gave me a recipie...or somthing. but yes they are very helpful people. :D very helpful people

Back
Top Bottom