what Food for the plants???

sedecatur

I’m trying to figure out what to use for a slow release preferably organic general plant food (I use Schefflera arboricola and Pothos). I want to use a coco husk and sand mix that i read about in cushcameleon's blog, for the potting medium but that wont have any nutritional value for the plant. Im hoping this growing medium will cut down/stop any nats from growing and also help with the whole over watering problem caused by the mister, but im at a loss on a cham safe plant food. Dry? Liquid? type? anyone have any ideas. Thanks

Hi just use a reguar House plant liquid feed but only water the growing medium not the leaves. Some chams like my veiled munch on the leaves :)

Best to go with something organic like worm castings, bat guano liquid, or similar. Ensure "soil" is covered, and if the chameleon is a plant leaf eater, be cautious.
Pothos need VERY little nutrients to grow well. Quite amazing really. I have many large plants growing in jars of water, just water.

me to, i just use ordinary house plant liquid, but dont put it on the leaves, my chamies do to like to munch on the leaves

Back
Top Bottom