What Else do i need?

Garrett,

You have received some good advice here. The thing that concerns me the most is your temps. Babies can over heat very quickly.....here in FL I never use a basking bulb. I know it's cold in NC but I would recommend you start with a 25 watt and get a good temp gun as the one recommended in my blog and if the 25 watt doesn't get the basking spot up to 80 then try a 30 or 35 watt. It's better to start low than high. I'm going to attach my blog for you again. Everthing in the blog has worked excellent for me.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html

Garrett,

You have received some good advice here. The thing that concerns me the most is your temps. Babies can over heat very quickly.....here in FL I never use a basking bulb. I know it's cold in NC but I would recommend you start with a 25 watt and get a good temp gun as the one recommended in my blog and if the 25 watt doesn't get the basking spot up to 80 then try a 30 or 35 watt. It's better to start low than high. I'm going to attach my blog for you again. Everthing in the blog has worked excellent for me.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html

I got a thermo gun that i use for other purposes that'll work. It's only about 80, 81 right now. I'll continue to change it. I added another plant to maybe keep up the humidity. I plan on letting him free roam during the day when i'm here to get a feeling of where he'll like to go.

I got a thermo gun that i use for other purposes that'll work. It's only about 80, 81 right now. I'll continue to change it. I added another plant to maybe keep up the humidity. I plan on letting him free roam during the day when i'm here to get a feeling of where he'll like to go.

If you free range him more than a few hours you will need to set up lights in his FR area so he can stay warm and have UV. You might like to check out the FR I use for my baby Elly in my profile FR album.

You don't need anything on the cages floor as far as moss. Keep it clear so it is easier to clean. You could raise your cage on some crates and drill 1/8 inch wholes into your base wood. Then put a plastic container underneath to collect all of the access dripage.

Back
Top Bottom