What eats grown dubia roaches and lives in a large exoterra?

My pacman frogs, at only a little over 100g, will take 2-3 adult male dubia per feeding. Also, I have a blue tongue skink and he LOVES dubia...But he lives in a 4'x2' pvc cage (I've heard of people housing them in CB70 tubs before). *maybe* a pink tongue skink...I think you could house one in that size exo since they climb branches and such, but I'm not sure if they could take adult dubia. Maybe a large gargoyle if you can find a really large example that likes bugs...None of my gargs will touch them.

If you can't get a reptile to eat them, rats will gladly take them, as will hedgehogs I've heard, so if you know anyone, you can give them to them (my rats LOVE them). If you exhaust all other options, you can always freeze them.

Thanks for the ideas, artgecko! I'm still considering getting a fire skink or some gargoyle geckos.
Any chance you'd share some pictures of your pets, and their setups? It sounds like you've got a fun menagerie.

Get a tegu! I know about 50 times too big for that cage, but I want one so bad. Been battling the gf about getting one for about a year now lol

From my research in ackies I was recommended a 4x2x2 for one or a pair (though I'd go at least a 3x2x2 for one) most monitors are burrowers and need an enclosure that can provide enough space for a lot of soil. The burrows help with their humidity requirements as its moister the deeper the burrow.

Don't they get up to 2ft?

I don't honestly remember XD I was looking them up when I was originally looking for something to put in the 110 gallon when I thought I was going to reuse it etc. So I wasn't too worried about size with it because most things could fit in it as long as it wasn't iguana sized.

Sure.. i don't take a lot of pics, but will post a few below. :)
Here is a gargoyle

My 2 pacmen, although they are larger now

My BTS, Quincy

A couple terrarium bulbs

My PVC cage stack.. It isn't a very good pic at all, but the skink enclosure is the one on top with the heat lamp. The two below are boa cages with heat tape for heating

I really can't recommend the skink enough... They are very easy to care for (staple diet of dog food with veggies and extras like bugs and fruit), Mine is a Meruke, so needs higher humidity, but northerns are fine with lower humidity. I have heard really good things about CBB pink tongues, and one *might* fit the cage size you have. I know they will readily eat snails, dog food, etc. but you might want to check with a breeder to see if they will eat live dubia. None of my gargs will eat bugs, but I have heard of some that love them. I also have a giant gecko (leachie) but they can be finicky about bugs as well.

Thanks for the pics! I dig your pvc rack, and your gargoyle... Beautiful! I'm really considering getting some of those for my cage but they're kinda hott at the moment, and most places I've seen are way over charging for even the regular lines (at least IMHO).

My BTS is also Meruke, his colors in general are darker than Quincy's but he has a lot of orange on his stomach and chin and he also has some orange undertones on his darker stripes. His name is Chronos. I call him my grumpy Titan.

Thanks for the pics! I dig your pvc rack, and your gargoyle... Beautiful! I'm really considering getting some of those for my cage but they're kinda hott at the moment, and most places I've seen are way over charging for even the regular lines (at least IMHO).
Thanks! Yeah, it really depends on where you get them from. There is a garg group on FB that you can join and if you post, saying something like "looking for retic garg in price range x" then you may get some offers. Mine were between $150 -$300 (including shipping) and I'm happier with the more expensive one..not due to looks, but it came from a good breeder and was larger and a better eater when it arrived. Just beware really cheap gargs.

Andee- Thanks! Mine has a great orange belly too. I lucked out and got him last year from a guy who was selling 3 farm-bred skinks that he had already had for a year and gotten in good shape. Mine isn't too grumpy, especially if you have a dubia or fruit on you BUT he does not like to be handled lol.

My guy doesn't technically like being handled but he tolerates it from me and I can pick him up without any issues other than grumps and hissing anyone else who tried will likely get bit XD. My guy was supposed to be CB but I didn't check well enough and he came to me with some very wild caught issues. But he's healthy now and spoiled. Since my dog is raw fed I get rabbit grinds (complete carcasses for him) so that I don't have to rely on dog food. He also gets fruits, veggies, sometimes egg and of course insects.

Back
Top Bottom