What does this mean??

jenn5734

Okay, so we know Maui has eggs. The vet said they looked like they were forming well, but how much can you really see on an xray of a tiny lizard belly? I'll be calling my vet tomorrow to double check, but she hasn't been anywhere near her lay bin. She hasn't really been interested in her crickets. She's been squatting a bit and what seems to me, to be pushing? Her tail goes out straight and she looks like she's pooping kind of. It's been a day or two. She's not uncomfortable and she still is moving around her cage like normal. Maybe a bit more tired than normal. She stays at the top of her cage while this squatting is happening. No interest in the lay bin or the bottom of her cage at all. She doesn't leave the middle top half of her cage normally. Do they have like, "braxton hicks" contractions before they lay? Like I said, I'm calling the vet tomorrow but if anyone knows anything, I'm down for answers.

Can you post a pick of enclosure please. And a close up on the lay bin. Make sure your sand is moist enough so when you squeeze sand there is no dripping but stays together

You said..."Okay, so we know Maui has eggs. The vet said they looked like they were forming well, but how much can you really see on an xray of a tiny lizard belly?"...the vet is likely looking to see if the eggs are round or oval and how big they are. Oval is follicles, round is eggs. You can ask the vet tomorrow about that.

You said..."She hasn't really been interested in her crickets. She's been squatting a bit and what seems to me, to be pushing? Her tail goes out straight and she looks like she's pooping kind of. It's been a day or two"....has she been pooping up until the point where she became disinterested in the crickets? Has she been eating soul or the sand in her laybin? Are your plants all real now?

You said..."Maybe a bit more tired than normal"... Eyes closed during the day at all?

You said..."She stays at the top of her cage while this squatting is happening"... What about the rest of the time?

You said..."She doesn't leave the middle top half of her cage normally"... But does she now?

I said..."Do they have like, "braxton hicks" contractions before they lay?"...sorry, I don't know about this.

I'll be answering in red...

You said..."Okay, so we know Maui has eggs. The vet said they looked like they were forming well, but how much can you really see on an xray of a tiny lizard belly?"...the vet is likely looking to see if the eggs are round or oval and how big they are. Oval is follicles, round is eggs. You can ask the vet tomorrow about that.

You said..."She hasn't really been interested in her crickets. She's been squatting a bit and what seems to me, to be pushing? Her tail goes out straight and she looks like she's pooping kind of. It's been a day or two"....has she been pooping up until the point where she became disinterested in the crickets? yes, she's been pooping normally Has she been eating soul or the sand in her laybin? no,she hasn't touched the sand at all. Are your plants all real now? -- not yet but some live ones will be in there this week

You said..."Maybe a bit more tired than normal"... Eyes closed during the day at all? She has a cyst on one eye that she keeps closed part of the day

You said..."She stays at the top of her cage while this squatting is happening"... What about the rest of the time? She wanders the cage or hangs out on my shoulder

You said..."She doesn't leave the middle top half of her cage normally"... But does she now? Not really, no.

I said..."Do they have like, "braxton hicks" contractions before they lay?"...sorry, I don't know about this.

Can you post a pick of enclosure please. And a close up on the lay bin. Make sure your sand is moist enough so when you squeeze sand there is no dripping but stays together

Attachments

• 20210911_193002.jpg
    20210911_193002.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 20210913_230905.jpg
    20210913_230905.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 94
You said... "She wanders the cage or hangs out on my shoulder"...I would limit the handling now until she has laid the eggs. She needs to concentrate on the egglaying and not be disturbed.

I would also add that the bin is very exposed. Get a potted plant or 2 and place them in front of the bin for added privacy, then get a wrap and wrap the enclosure. I use a thin sheet. Be sure to keep the bottom several inches and the top several inches uncovered for good air circulation.
Even if she's not had any interest in the bottom of her cage or her lay bin?

Hi Jen, I don’t know where you’re located but my local florist has amazing Pothos plants for $50.00 and a stand for $15.00. The two of them would give wonderful natural (and edible) cover for your girl and you could put the lay bin behind or beneath. My cham just laid her first clutch and I think having that privacy and security makes her more likely to venture around the enclosure. I am near Philadelphia and if you’re far away, I would have no problem boxing and shipping the plant and stand at cost. My setup isn’t perfect but it’s all natural plants and I would like to think my cham is content. She goes top to bottom on any given day and pokes her head out like whack a mole.

Attachments

• 06E75912-9ECE-4EA4-A868-8D8308AC3230.png
    06E75912-9ECE-4EA4-A868-8D8308AC3230.png
    861.2 KB · Views: 85
Back
Top Bottom