What does this mean

JustJay

So I've had my 2-3 month old veiled chameleon for about a week now and everytime he eats a few crickets he does this weird howling like notion (obviously no howl) is that him just digesting or could something be wrong?

Hi, Mind explaining a little more? Does he open his mouth? Does he wiggle his bad In a snake like manner? Could just be him trying to push the meals down. Not something I would worry about if this is the case. How large are the food items?

does he make a squeaking type noise? Id look up posts about respiratory issues
EDIT- sorry just went back and rea this again and saw he was not making any noise lol. He's Prob just trying to get the crickets down:)

So I've had my 2-3 month old veiled chameleon for about a week now and everytime he eats a few crickets he does this weird howling like notion (obviously no howl) is that him just digesting or could something be wrong?

Many of mine do what I think you are describing especially after eating a lot or a very big prey item. Mine are all wild caught and many have lungworm infections (not treatable) so I always worry it is related to respiratory compromise but I don't think it is. It just seems to me that after eating a lot or a big prey item, they somehow need to sort out their insides. Maybe there isn't a lot of room in their coelomic cavity and things need to sort of move around. (They have no diaphram, so lungs and intestinal tract are all together on one large body cavity.) Or their tongue structure is misplaced.

Well hopefully my lil guy is alright he seems fine like he eats and moves around and what not it was just that lil thing I was noticing

Back
Top Bottom