What does the spots mean?

Jaytyler

What does it mean when he's spotted like this? Like do they get spotted like this when their mad?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 567
I believe spots do indicate stress. He probably doesn't like you taking pictures (as mine did when they were young). Their calm colors/patterns are usually the solid olive greens or lighter colors. My male, although older than yours, will turn darker colors when he's stressed.

That means back off. When my Frita does that I take the hint and give her her space. The Cham is feeling stressed.

What spots can mean.

Yes, stress is possible.

However, attached is a picture of Osama I just took at 5:45 this morning, and like every day, he develops spots on his body when I turn on his heat lamp and he warms up.

He waits by the heat leap each morning at about 5:00 a.m. and gets pissed if it's not on by 5:30 a.m.

He seems to be saying "It's so hard to get good human servants these days."

Heaven forbid I'm late with his breakfast!

Attachments

• Osama warming up in the morning.jpg
    Osama warming up in the morning.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 368
What does it mean when he's spotted like this? Like do they get spotted like this when their mad?

I wouldn't say he's mad, but that he is reacting to you and is alerted. The more upset the cham gets the more intense the dark spotting and dark borders on his patterns will get. A cham that is REALLY upset, furious, or extremely stressed will show a very dense dark pattern. A cham that is alert but not hugely upset will show a brighter color pattern of greens and yellows but not as much dark.

Back
Top Bottom