What does it mean?

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
What does it mean when my Jackson’s kind of like jerks his head when he sees me? It’s like he’s shaking his head but little jerky movements.

he was doing it at me when I walked up to his cage. He just saw a vet a week ago so I don’t think it’s mites or MBD Like in the link you posted Kinyonga. Maybe it’s a territorial thing??

Usually it is part of their hunting techniques. When mine is very hungry, he shoots right away. When he is not so hungry he gets more hesitant and sometimes jerks his head also.

Mine will do a mating dance like movement when I bring them something they really want, females and males. Sometimes they just flinch a little when a big mammal walks in the room.

I think mine is doing similar. If I remember correctly I was bringing him his food when he did it. He didn’t eat today though. He’s started skipping a day or two. I think I need to only feed him every other day now. I think he’s grown in the last month, not a lot but I do think he looks bigger to me.

Then from the discussion below that vid, it sounds like a mating behavior.

My bearded dragon, Stinkeye, is a bobbing fool. He sometimes bobs so violently I'm surprised he hasn't knocked himself out smacking his chin into the slate floor.

OTOH, he's never waved—not even once. 🤷‍♂️

Cuh-raaay-zee lizard stuff! 🤪

This isn't him—just a vid of the behaviors. We think they're a scream. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom