What does he not like?

I think I'll keep his temperature as is at the moment as he seems to be OK with it and it has always been like this since I got him. I mean this with no offence to the information you've given me, and I am grateful for your help.
I have a male that was kept without a basking light by the previous owner he became aclimated to the colder temps so when I set him up with a basking area he would vent while at the top perch but soon found his favorite spot and has since reaclimated to warmer tempts and moved up a branch lol.

Adult panther chameleons need a basking spot of around 100 degrees Fahrenheit with the ambient temperature between 75 to 85 degrees; smaller panther chameleons should have a basking area of 85 to 90 degrees with a lower ambient temperature of around 75 degrees. It is important for panther chameleons to thermoregulate. This is what you will find I've searched for recommendations on daytime lows and couldn't find any recommendations in the low 60s for Panthers of any local. These are Montain daytime temps and the OP stated that he spends almost all of the time in his one basking spot.. recommending a ambient tr
95 is to hot. Basking should be 85-90 max. 64 at the bottom of terrarium is fine during the day as long as it gets warmer at the top and has proper basking temps. Temps can drop into the mid 50s at night no problem but you don’t want to go much Lower then that.

You're recommending an ambient daytime temp of 64° for a noseybe?

Adult panther chameleons need a basking spot of around 100 degrees Fahrenheit with the ambient temperature between 75 to 85 degrees; smaller panther chameleons should have a basking area of 85 to 90 degrees with a lower ambient temperature of around 75 degrees. It is important for panther chameleons to thermoregulate. This is what you will find I've searched for recommendations on daytime lows and couldn't find any recommendations in the low 60s for Panthers of any local. These are Montain daytime temps and the OP stated that he spends almost all of the time in his one basking spot.. recommending a ambient tr

Wrong wrong wrong. Where are you getting this info from?

Wrong wrong wrong. Where are you getting this info from?
Baby/juvenile (<9 months): ambient 72-80F (22-26C), basking 82F (28C)
Adult males: ambient 75-80F (23-26C), basking 85-90F (29-32C)
Adult females: ambient 75-80F (23-26C), basking 80-85F (26-29C)

I never said an ambient temp of 64. I said 64 is fine at the bottom of the cage as long as it’s warmer at the top with a proper basking spot.

Baby/juvenile (<9 months): ambient 72-80F (22-26C), basking 82F (28C)
Adult males: ambient 75-80F (23-26C), basking 85-90F (29-32C)
Adult females: ambient 75-80F (23-26C), basking 80-85F (26-29C)
This contradicts your post what are you trying to prove your wrong

@JackRipper STOP IT! You have already confused the Original poster. You keep doing this in threads. And then they leave more confused then when they came because you being new to the forum seem to think that you have all the correct information. Your telling people incorrect info and telling us our advice is incorrect. This is not the way this forum works. We work as a team to help the people that come here. Not to scare them off as you have been. We do not give incorrect advice like you are because we are here to help save chameleons.

Telling someone to bake their cham at 100 degrees and have an ambient temp of 85 is absolutely crazy. Undermining me when I tell them that a 10% UVB is much to strong and you say it is ok is again giving them incorrect advice. You have been extremely rude to our moderator along with other members. You need to stop ruining threads by derailing them with your stupidity!

See this contradicts your last post.
I have most of the recommendations from most available sources and they all vary but none recommend an ambient daytime temp of 60-65° as noseybe aren't a Montain species Our OP has stated that the cham is always or mostly at the basking area. That being said i know they are arborial animals but if under the heat source constantly he may feeling that 64° (64° with a basking area that's warmer is how I keep Jackson's ) this is where it may get confusing for a noseybee keeper.

Last edited:
I have most of the recommendations from most available sources and they all vary but none recommend an ambient daytime temp of 60-65° as noseybe aren't a Montain species Our OP has stated that the cham is always or mostly at the basking area. That being said i know they are arborial animals but if under the heat source constantly he may feeling that 64°

They said the very bottom of the cage was 64. It can be 64 in the bottom and 70 5 inches off the bottom and 75 above that and so on. Most chameleons only hang out in the top 2-3 feet of their cage not on the floor.

I didn't mean for the thread to get this heated this quickly, sorry all. I'll just conclude on what I will change and then we can forget about this thread. Overall, the temperature will not change as according to the research I did before purchase, his 86F basking spot is fine, and the 64F is the absolute lowest it goes, in the areas above the shade, the temperature is fine for him, and does not go this low. I will check and change the UVB bulb as recommended, and maybe add a vine at the top. Thanks for all the help from everyone.

@JackRipper STOP IT! You have already confused the Original poster. You keep doing this in threads. And then they leave more confused then when they came because you being new to the forum seem to think that you have all the correct information. Your telling people incorrect info and telling us our advice is incorrect. This is not the way this forum works. We work as a team to help the people that come here. Not to scare them off as you have been. We do not give incorrect advice like you are because we are here to help save chameleons.

Telling someone to bake their cham at 100 degrees and have an ambient temp of 85 is absolutely crazy. Undermining me when I tell them that a 10% UVB is much to strong and you say it is ok is again giving them incorrect advice. You have been extremely rude to our moderator along with other members. You need to stop ruining threads by derailing them with your stupidity!
I only asked a question and I diddnt make any of this up. It's all information that I have gathered from both experience and research. I don't mind when someone disagrees with me or the info that I dug up but this is no way to work as a team it's rude and way over aggressive. Calm down and please try to be polite in your disagreements and be professional always.

Last edited:
I didn't mean for the thread to get this heated this quickly, sorry all. I'll just conclude on what I will change and then we can forget about this thread. Overall, the temperature will not change as according to the research I did before purchase, his 86F basking spot is fine, and the 64F is the absolute lowest it goes, in the areas above the shade, the temperature is fine for him, and does not go this low. I will check and change the UVB bulb as recommended, and maybe add a vine at the top. Thanks for all the help from everyone.
Op it’s not your fault. I’m so sorry your thread ended like this

My sincerest apologies Kleynie I'm embarrassed of the behavior displayed here today. It's ok to ask questions please don't let this mean spirited behavior deter you from coming back,
I would love to see more photos as he develops into a big ole stud. :)

The piranha is back. @JackRipper the community is quickly tiring of your smug attitude and constant arguing just for the sake of arguing. You are being detrimental to people asking for help who get engulfed in a battle over information where you feel like you have something to prove. You have directly alienated multiple new members and been reported many, many times. Cut it out or get out.

The piranha is back. @JackRipper the community is quickly tiring of your smug attitude and constant arguing just for the sake of arguing. Cut it out or get out.

It was a red belly pacu lol :) -not arguing just stating facts that you may have missed had you not read the intire profile post. For figs sakes did you read the thread in question as of now? They behaved like highschoolers. I rarely argue for the sake of arguing that's rediculuos I happen to post something that someone disagrees with and the same three or four eagerly waiting to jump on any little thing so they can go crazy and ruin another thread instead of taking the high road jumped all over it. When I was disagreed with how did I respond? With additional info.. when I simply questioned someone on there post all hell breaks loose with name calling and aggressive banter.

Back
Top Bottom