What do you use?

Kittiekins

I'm looking for a new camera. One that is able to get up close and personal with my reptiles from a comfortable distance. It has to be a DSLR, but other than that, I have no idea. What are you guys using? Have any recommendations? Maybe I'll give my soon-to-be-fiance a nice tip to get for our anniversary ;D

I like to use my GoPro. You can zip tie it on a branch, make a timelapse, its case is water resistant and durable in case it falls and it has HD video (black edition). As far as an DSLR goes, The Sony Nex5 and up (its on 7 I think) is pretty sweet and small. I myself have a Canon Rebel T1I and works great for me.

I like to use my GoPro. You can zip tie it on a branch, make a timelapse, its case is water resistant and durable in case it falls and it has HD video (black edition). As far as an DSLR goes, The Sony Nex5 and up (its on 7 I think) is pretty sweet and small. I myself have a Canon Rebel T1I and works great for me.

The go pro is a cool idea! Never thought of using it like that, but I would also like something to get some nice photos outside of Locos home as well. I use to have a canon t3i, but for some reason I let my boyfriend sell it... Don't remember why, but now I regret it):

I'll look into some of the sony nex stuff! Thanks!

I have the Canon 60D. Love it. It's an older model so it's pretty affordable, but if you have the money, I'd go with the newer 70D. Currently only have one lens (Canon EF-S 17-55 f2.8). Working on building up our lens collection slowly.

I use a Canon 5D mark iii .. but only because I also have a photography business ;) My first canon was a Canon EOS XS - basically a t3i, and it worked perfectly for taking photos of my little guys! and its much more affordable! Search on ebay :)

I use a Nikon D7000. Its way more camera than I need or know how to use. I figure The better I get I will still be able to use the same camera for years without having to upgrade.
I have also found that you can find a lot of lenses on Craigslist that are compatible, great value and fun to use.

I have the canon rebel t3i... Picked it up last year from 1saleaday.com.. No tax, no shipping, $539. Camera, 18-55mm lens, strap, battery, charger, and software. That website does a huge camera blow out about every 4 months.

I have the canon rebel t3i... Picked it up last year from 1saleaday.com.. No tax, no shipping, $539. Camera, 18-55mm lens, strap, battery, charger, and software. That website does a huge camera blow out about every 4 months.

That is actually the camera my fiance told me to look into. How is it? Pros? Cons? How do you like it? Is it first time user friendly? Easy to learn with? Can you tell I'm new with real cameras? Haha

I use a Canon EOS 50D with the optional twin battery grip, which makes
the camera look huge! and adds a lot more weight, but I only need to recharge a few times a year!!
Most of the time, a EFS 17-55mm lens works, but I have a few macro lenses
as well.

Had a tough time trying to decide between Canon and Nikon, they both have
their fans, and it's fun to see them argue like little kids on the photography forums :D

My boss just uses his iPhone (the new model, 5 I think?).
I was shocked when he showed me some pics, they were very good.

That is actually the camera my fiance told me to look into. How is it? Pros? Cons? How do you like it? Is it first time user friendly? Easy to learn with? Can you tell I'm new with real cameras? Haha

I don't think any DSLR is really user friendly, I went through my manual chapter by chapter, then tried one new things a week until I got it down pat. The battery life on it is fantastic. Personally I love long exposures, but it'll eat your battery up like crazy. I love it use it on my orchids in the late spring/summer when they're blooming. :) I grew up a photographers daughter, so my dad was able to help me pick out something. We had the old film rebels growing up and I used to tinker with them with the horses playing in the pasture.

Warning, like chameleons, photography is a expensive and addicting! I want a 70-200 f/2.8 lens but they're major bucks... And I want a macro... And the macro I want is like $400 bucks haha

I looked at the nikons and canons... I liked the feel of the canons body better, it didn't feel empty or 'hollow'... I don't knock Nikon at all... In fact, I sold a lot of their binoculars because they have a fantastic warranty and are the best bang for the buck. Personally, growing up with a canon, and liking the feel of the canon, I decided that was my best one :)

LOL! so true!

The camera is only as good as the lens you use, and good lenses are very
expensive.

Transition from "point and shoot" to DSLR is a learning curve for sure, but
after using the camera for a while, you get used to it.
Lot's of people tend to be afraid to venture out of "auto mode", which sort
of defeats the purpose of having a nice DSLR :D

Back
Top Bottom