What do you think?

2 year old male BB Ambilobe. Food and water intake have been normal. Gets standard supplement regiment. Inclosure is a 2' x 2' x 4' with a ReptiGlo 5.0 and two heat lamps. Noticed the patches about a week ago. At first I thought they looked like burns. Problem with that is a) I've measured and temp'd the lights and they shouldn't be hot enough to burn (unless he's figuring out how to get closer to them. b) I could understand a burn on the neck/back ridge since its the closest to the light but how about the random patch on the top of his right rear leg?

Any ideas? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1466.jpg
    IMG_1466.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1469.jpg
    IMG_1469.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_1470.jpg
    IMG_1470.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 191
dunno man they look like burns he might be climing on the lamps some how... my cham constantly trys to get the lamp
enclosure pic?
his spine also looks like it got burned
whats the basking temp and does the lamps lay on the screen on top?

Hi! Can I ask why do you have two heat lamps? Ideally you want a basking area and slightly cooler ambient temperatures around the enclosure. Your chameleon needs these different temp spots so he can cool down and warm up when he needs to :)

First thought would be burns too, but if that is unlikely then maybe something fungal?
Either way a trip to a vet for the right cream might be in order.

I would use a regular house bulb(incandescent) for heat. Those heat bulbs really throw off the heat!!

You dont say what your temps are, basking and throughout the enclosure is something that needs to be monitored.

Lamps are on top of the screen. Lamps aren't huge and its a fair size enclosure so I wanted to give him a couple options where to warm up. Plenty of space in there and lots of places to go to cool down. Last time I checked temp was low to mid 80's.

You check temperatures but dont have a more exact number? Make sure you check the temp at the very warmest spot, as high up and close to the lights as possible. (You should probably only have one heat lamp going )

He doesnt need more than one hot spot in the size, he'll know where to go when he's chilly.

the temps don't seem hot. Are you sure your temps are correct?. They look like burns to me especially on his spine. Is there anyway he can touch his spine to the screen under the light?? How far down is your basking branch under the light?

the temps don't seem hot. Are you sure your temps are correct?. They look like burns to me especially on his spine. Is there anyway he can touch his spine to the screen under the light?? How far down is your basking branch under the light?
Right? They do look like burns. The temps are correct, and no, they're not that hot. There's no way for him to touch his spine to the screen. But if it is burns how did that one on his back leg magically appear without burning the other bigger parts of his body that would have been closer to the heat source? Could they be bruises?

Back
Top Bottom