What do you think he/she is ?

Lmlaxo

Hi there,
I thought that I bought a panther chameleon but the vet told me that it might be something else since its around 8 months old and still tiny.

what do you think????

thank you
23DB81D3-04B6-4C33-8292-DF938CFB983E.jpeg
8F18727B-FA0B-43D0-8A57-A95A45CB0098.jpeg
F6E3B48F-4A30-4C6F-8271-98B92A989B71.jpeg
68DC50D5-BA84-448F-A563-5CFDCB11A81A.jpeg
8F18727B-FA0B-43D0-8A57-A95A45CB0098.jpeg

He is about the same size as my three month old panther. Pic for reference

Attachments

• 3AE78CA2-C960-40A5-96C6-4494F638597C.jpeg
    3AE78CA2-C960-40A5-96C6-4494F638597C.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 109
Hmm, that’s odd. There was a thread about something similar a while back. I can’t currently find it, but when I do I will link it here.

Their growth is seriously stunted.

Can you please copy and paste these questions and answer them in as much detail as possible? Pictures of the enclosure would also be helpful.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - specie (supposed to be panther cham) sex no idea , age around 8 months
Handling - 3 times a week
Feeding -i try to feed him everyday , i feed him 1/4 crickets and pea buches , he wont eat everyday though

Supplements - i try to use calcium + D3 everyday but at some point he started not feeling too well avec eating too much D3 so i feed him D3 4 times a week and calcium everyday

Watering - i mist the tank 3 x a day. I also own an automatic mister. I do see him drink.
I have a reverse osmosis water filter at home , so i only use filtered water

Fecal Description - never tasted his pupu but they look healthy to me. (According to what i see in the net)

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to
Cage Info:
Cage Type - screen cage 18 inch
Lighting - i use exo terra uvb bulb reptiglo 5.0
and an exo terra heat lamp i measure my temp with a digital meter.
I keep the temp between 78 and 88
At night it goes down to 71
Humidity - i measure my humidity with an exo terra meter , i keep it around 75
Plants - im using aquarium plants bought on amazon
And im using big branches from the pet store
Placement - cage is in my basement , in a safe place

Location - canada Quebec

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - specie (supposed to be panther cham) sex no idea , age around 8 months
Handling - 3 times a week
Feeding -i try to feed him everyday , i feed him 1/4 crickets and pea buches , he wont eat everyday though
Feed him 10-12 crickets a day, stop feeding pea bunches
Supplements - i try to use calcium + D3 everyday but at some point he started not feeling too well avec eating too much D3 so i feed him D3 4 times a week and calcium everyday
use calcium without d3 every day, vitamins every other week, calcium with d3 once a month
Watering - i mist the tank 3 x a day. I also own an automatic mister. I do see him drink.
I have a reverse osmosis water filter at home , so i only use filtered water

Fecal Description - never tasted his pupu but they look healthy to me. (According to what i see in the net)

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to
Cage Info:
Cage Type - screen cage 18 inch
upgrade to a 24x24x48 if male
Lighting - i use exo terra uvb bulb reptiglo 5.0
Get a linear t5ho bulb immediately, your chameleon will get mbd otherwise
and an exo terra heat lamp i measure my temp with a digital meter.
I keep the temp between 78 and 88
At night it goes down to 71
Humidity - i measure my humidity with an exo terra meter , i keep it around 75
humidity should be 50-70%, 100% at night
Plants - im using aquarium plants bought on amazon
And im using big branches from the pet store
use plants such as pothos or ficus
Placement - cage is in my basement , in a safe place
Location - canada Quebec
Edits in red

This is odd.

It is very small as like you said that other thread.

However it is not coloring up either. Which it would/should do stunted growth or not.

Where did you get him? Has he been tested for parasites? How many crickets does he eat per day?

And I thought @ChamLover04 's cham was stunted.. geez.

Have you weighed him? Like, did you weigh him when you got him? You could weigh him again to see if he grew even a little.

I would get a fecal test, since you said you hadn't.

Lol, I aways have a lid or something to block Amaro's face from my hand, if I have to get him out for weighing or the vet.

His name actually means bitter, hence why I chose it. Suits him, he is a very grumpy boy! (Can also mean strong, I think)

Can you post a picture of your viv please (chams cage) it is missing something...I think it's female, even then my 4 month old female is double the size

This is odd.

It is very small as like you said that other thread.

However it is not coloring up either. Which it would/should do stunted growth or not.

Where did you get him? Has he been tested for parasites? How many crickets does he eat per day?
Got him at a pet store, not testes for parasite as the vet didn’t suggest it to me. Around 3 crickets per day. Not eating much since day 1

And I thought @ChamLover04 's cham was stunted.. geez.

Have you weighed him? Like, did you weigh him when you got him? You could weigh him again to see if he grew even a little.

I would get a fecal test, since you said you hadn't.
I know for a fact that he has grown up a little since the beginning

Back
Top Bottom