What do you spray with?

ChamOh

Established Member
What do you guys use for misting? My hand pump spray bottle is giving my hand a workout. And I don't feel like drinking a protein shake after each misting.

Spray bottle. How long do you spray for? I give my girl a two minute shower in the morning and at night and it's not that bad ...

I just recently acquired one of these:

motomister.jpg

I happened to be in PetSmart and they were marked down to $7.99 (they said their normal price was $24.99...I half expected it not to work at all if that was really the case). It's a bit noisy, but I like the mist (it's definitely "misty" no "sprayish" if that makes sense). It's a bit cumbersome and top heavy, but it's easier than the pump mister I was using.

yeah i bought a lizrd mist jr -- basically a small hand help pump--but the oil in the pump would constantly leak out and taint the water. so I threw it out.

I think the insecticide pump is a nice idea.. hope I can fine one small enough.

sometimes I try misting by hand, but even indirectly, he doesn't tolerate it and walks away in stress colors.

i recently found out the habba mist nozzle turns and it actually does come out pretty close to a mist form. he showers himself under that with his mouth open all the time to drink. so he just does that or walks back and forth under the fogger.

Dude, go with the pesticide pump. It will blow your mind how easy and how much better it is than a handheld sprayer. I have 5 chams I mist and I haven't broken down to get a mistking because the pesticide pump is so easy to use. Home Depot has em for like $5.00

I bought one of them nifty pesticide sprayers at HD for like 6 bucks (LLL has the exact same brand, but I think it's way more expensive.)

The mister I replaced was very similar to that. I must have had a bad one because after a few weeks it was impossible to get a good consistent mist and it dribbled. Until it stopped working, it was a joy though. So, if you can get one that keeps working, you'll be very happy with it.

Go with the pesticide pump like evryone has said I found one and i bought it becasue misting for a long time just easnt practical. It saves so much money becasue you dont need a mistking or anything becasue its so easy. You just pump it up a few times and then spray entire cage and then pump it up agian and spray next. So easy and cheap! :)

I just recently acquired one of these:

motomister.jpg

I happened to be in PetSmart and they were marked down to $7.99 (they said their normal price was $24.99...I half expected it not to work at all if that was really the case). It's a bit noisy, but I like the mist (it's definitely "misty" no "sprayish" if that makes sense). It's a bit cumbersome and top heavy, but it's easier than the pump mister I was using.

I also grabbed one of these at Petsmart yesterday at the marked down price. The noise doesnt seem to bother anything. I like the no pumping thing. Just squeeze the trigger and nice mist. The stream function will work good too as a backup water gun if anyone gets on my nerves and interrupts me while I'm misting the chameleons.

I also like the picture on the front of the mister. It looks like someone throwing a cup of water at a wincing chameleon. Poor thing.

thanks everyone.

So those moto-misters work well? I saw them at petco marked down to like 3 bucks... I just don't like the idea of using batteries.

It's my first day using it but the moto-mister seems to be ok. It comes with the batteries installed already. One of the reasons I got it is because one of the enclosures I have is a 260 gallon reptarium, and even though there's a mist king running on it I like to supplement with spraying to keep the humidity up and consantly hand pumping a sprayer was becoming a chore.

Dave - have you ever heard of a weird plastic smell coming from the sprayer on the right? I had 2 of those that for some reason after a few days had a strange plastic/chemical smell coming from it. I stopped using those two, but the third one I got from Lowes was fine.

I use the one on the right and have for months now and have never had any smell problems. That's weird that you had issues with it. I love mine. It's made so strong.

On the moto mister, not to talk bad about them to those using them and liking them, but I remember looking at them and thinking that they were made cheaply. They also have a motor which I'm sure can't last too long if used alot.

Go with the pesticide pump like evryone has said I found one and i bought it becasue misting for a long time just easnt practical. It saves so much money becasue you dont need a mistking or anything becasue its so easy. You just pump it up a few times and then spray entire cage and then pump it up agian and spray next. So easy and cheap! :)

This is the best way for the amount of money. I usually use a hand mister in the morning with warm water and then poor the rest of the warm water in the pump and use that for the day.

I think the MotoMister is fine as long as you can get it cheap. I would say the price I paid ($7.99) is about the most I'd recommend anyone paying for it. If you've got $10 to spend you can probably do better with something from the garden department. As has been mentioned, the motor is bound to die, it's just a question of when.

yeah i bought a lizrd mist jr -- basically a small hand help pump--but the oil in the pump would constantly leak out and taint the water. so I threw it out.

i had a mister lizard jr or whatever its called and it did the same to me also. i took the whole thing apart when i cleaned it to remove the oil and since i didnt replace any oil for lubrication (ive been using mineral oil now), water leaked into the pump and it started rusting. the insecticide sprayers are very similarly set up but easier to clean and dont have as much of a nasty petroleum smell as the mister lizard did. you might be able to still use the hose from the mister lizard or trade parts to create a frankenstein mister. :p

just make sure you look inside the container when you buy a pesticide sprayer. one that i was looking at in home depot must have been a return and had a bit of water still in it! definately not so good if it was used for pesticides already.

Back
Top Bottom