What do you members do for a living?

Like my life partner and best friend @Matt Vanilla Gorilla, I too am a healthcare provider but with a strong passion for Women's Health. Currently, however, I am serving as Chief Executive Officer of Household (managing and supporting my husband in his endeavors) while also partnering in raising and homeschooling our 3 handsome boys. I am wife, mother, nurse, teacher, chauffeur, maid, chef, referee, psycholigist, and co-chameleon keeper!

Like my life partner and best friend @Matt Vanilla Gorilla, I too am a healthcare provider but with a strong passion for Women's Health. Currently, however, I am serving as Chief Executive Officer of Household (managing and supporting my husband in his endeavors) while also partnering in raising and homeschooling our 3 handsome boys. I am wife, mother, nurse, teacher, chauffeur, maid, chef, referee, psycholigist, and co-chameleon keeper!
That's my owner!

I am an electrical engineer and performance engine tuner for a small aftermarket auto wiring company. No college experience under my belt yet... Kinda just fell into this job when a family friend referred me here for a job interview. Started with filling internet orders and slowly worked up to building the wiring harnesses and now designing and reverse engineering engine and transmission electrical systems and tuning engines for higher performance. Sounds cool on paper but its a complete drag for me. Lost my passion for cars a few years ago.

Not a huge fan of working in this industry and with no formal education I literally wouldn't be hired elsewhere. Which is why I am now a part time college student with a major in zoology. Looking to eventually get into a conservation or zoo keeper career. Anything with wild life or reptiles will be better than what I currently do lol.

I'm a full time student and full time copywriter for the marketing department at our family company. It's often hard to juggle everything and I do tend to get a little overwhelmed at times, but it's nice to work with family that understands when I'm in midterm or finals week and lets me take a couple days off to study. (y)

I'll be finishing my business management degree in 2019. Then looking into my options to somehow end up working with animals (Veterinary was my dream career, but in Venezuela there was only one school, in a very dangerous place, and I was sadly not allowed to move there when I was younger to pursue my dream. Now at 27 it's kind of late to start :( ). Possibly looking into managing animal hospitals, which isn't ideal as it's not hands on but at least I'll be surrounded by animals :love: I still have to weigh my options as I have a lot of growth opportunity within my family's company. I'll probably end up doing whatever is financially smarter.

I'm a 4th-year PhD student, still on the long long road to getting my degree in cell/molecular/developmental biology & genetics. I work with several human melanoma cell lines and study how specific protein modifications impact metastasis and embryonic stem cell migration.

Fun fact: I study the multipotent cell type which is responsible for the generation of pigment cells in vertebrates! Only mentioning that because, in chameleons, this cell population is responsible for all the dynamic color variation we see between (and within) our chameleons! :D

I am self employed. Make dog treats, rodent food, and cat treats; raise feeder insects, breed high quality crested geckos; breed and sell scorpions, millipedes, tarantulas, jumping spiders and a couple other pet inverts. I also walk dogs and pet sit for regular money during slow selling seasons, my life revolves around animals through and through

I'm a full time student and full time copywriter for the marketing department at our family company. It's often hard to juggle everything and I do tend to get a little overwhelmed at times, but it's nice to work with family that understands when I'm in midterm or finals week and lets me take a couple days off to study. (y)

I'll be finishing my business management degree in 2019. Then looking into my options to somehow end up working with animals (Veterinary was my dream career, but in Venezuela there was only one school, in a very dangerous place, and I was sadly not allowed to move there when I was younger to pursue my dream. Now at 27 it's kind of late to start :( ). Possibly looking into managing animal hospitals, which isn't ideal as it's not hands on but at least I'll be surrounded by animals :love: I still have to weigh my options as I have a lot of growth opportunity within my family's company. I'll probably end up doing whatever is financially smarter.

DUDE it's never to late to follow your dreams!

I manage a roofing and architectural sheet metal company in Seattle.
Thank you timw1, scottsquatch, and chameleonhands808 for your service.

scottsquatch....did you get your quad from jajanpierre by any chance?
Yes I did, she was great to deal with. I would like to get a few more. A great species to keep!

Back
Top Bottom