What do we do now that the time has changed?

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
My lights were set on a timer back in June when I got my Jackson’s to come on at 7 am and go off at 7 pm. Now that the time has changed they of course went off at 6 pm tonight. Do I reprogram my timer so the lights are back to 7 am on and 7 pm off or do I leave them so they come on at 6 am and go off at 6 pm? I’m not sure what is good for my Cham.

I think this becomes more of a personal choice. For some they set them so that the cham is up prior to them leaving for work. For others that work from home this may not matter much. Some cages are in living rooms and some are in bedrooms. If in a living room it really does not matter when lights kick on and off. If in a bed room you may not want to wake up with the lights from the chams cage lol.

We set ours to standard time (6 am - 6 pm) and leave them there. Clocks change; the Sun and timers don't.
It's had no effect on the reptiles. They go by the Sun, and we have enough windows that we don't try to fool them.

Last edited:
Good point hyper color -- if you change you're lights you probably want to change your misting timer as well.

Back
Top Bottom