What do I do?!? *Urgent*

Cjd713

Hey guys:) ihavent been on in a bit, and my little feller is doin pretty good. But I have a very sticky situation, I will be out of town for 5 days ,staying in my motorhome, and it is absolutely impossible to find a sitter for him, so what do I do? I can take him, he'll just need to be in a smaller cage somehow, help! I will be leaving right in the morning, so I need ideas quick!Thanks guys:) I'll post more about him when I have time:)

Is this some kind of emergency? I ask because I think you should have planned this a little better. If it isn't, this is actually piss poor planning on your part.

Did you ever get the misting system you talked about in your last going out of town thread? If so, put his lights on a timer. I suspect your guy is pretty young so going this long without water isn't something I would do. Put a bunch of horn worms or silks in a cup with enough chow, or even better just put a whole pod in there that way the insects have something to eat. You will need to fix the pod so they can't climb out. Just remove about 2 inches from the top of the climbing screen. Your guy should be ok if you do this. You may need a larger reservoir or someone to come by and refill it, also keep 5 days of drainage in mind.

If none of this is a possibility, then you have 2 choices. Have some one come by 2 times a day to water and feed him and tend to the lights. Or take him with you. I honestly would not do the latter unless there was absolutely no other option. Life in a motor home is going to stress him enough, let alone the amount of stress putting him in another cage is going to put on him.

Next time plan better. It's after 7 where you live and I don't know of many shops that carry HW or silks that are open after 7.

edit: If this is a healthy adult leaving him alone with a cup of worms for five days (lights on a timer) without water, should be ok. But is still risky. A lot can happen wile no one is home or checking on him daily.

Last edited:
If you can't find a sitter at the point then I would take him and just try to keep him temps. and misting and UV correct.

Back
Top Bottom