What color is my chameleon?

Serbianchameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
So is my panther chameleon GBBB (green body blue bar) or is he RBBB (red body blue bar)? His tail is red btw. And can you tell me is he ambanja/ambilobe mix (I think he is)? When he was little he was even white and red/orange some time.
D3C40BEC-FB82-4E02-8384-30CD330E39B4.jpeg

Barring looks quite similar to one of my Ambilobes. As for the specifics on RBBB and BBRB and so on I don’t really buy into all that. Blue bodies can have red bodied baby’s and red bodies can have blue bodied babies and so on. He’s a nice one whatever you want to call him. If it were to specify his coloration I would just say he’s a blue bar. 23515259-858E-40D9-8407-7565433BC1A1.jpeg

Some are quite distinctive and easy to label. In your case he looks to have every color of the rainbow. The picture I posted above I would’ve called That a red bodied blue bar but that was last year and now all the red on his limbs and tail have turned blue so it can get quite confusing when trying to classify them like that in my opinion.

He looks beautiful!! A little dehydrated, I'd give him more water, when his head Crest is full thick and healthy, his colors will pop super bright!! Bring him up to health and watch him fire up!!

He looks beautiful!! A little dehydrated, I'd give him more water, when his head Crest is full thick and healthy, his colors will pop super bright!! Bring him up to health and watch him fire up!!
I got him totally new enclosure he drinks water every day but I think it’s because he’s in shock? I will give him more water anyway. Thank you!

You should give him some water everyday 10 - 15 minute shower, his food should be gutloaded, and his feeders should be a variety, crickets, bsfl larvae - flies, roaches, grasshoppers, I use repashy calcium plus lo-d to dust my feeders with every feeding

You should give him some water everyday 10 - 15 minute shower, his food should be gutloaded, and his feeders should be a variety, crickets, bsfl larvae - flies, roaches, grasshoppers, I use repashy calcium plus lo-d to dust my feeders with every feeding
Yup i should give him little bit more water. I gutload all my feeders with carrots and cucumbers. I have crickets dubias flies superworms and red runner roaches.

My only problem is he wont eat from my hand or from feeder runner cup anymore because he thinks he’s a man now and I need to put the dubia on a wall or branches so he can catch it like he is in the wild hahaha

I don't like excessive feeders roaming around, so I feed from cups, sometimes it takes a few days for them to find it, after that never a problem, most any transition for a cham is pretty stressful/hard they are animals habit/routine, in the wild they will live in a tree or bush their whole life, their defense is they know every corner-branch, leaf, whenever I add a branch etc.. they fire up for a few days and will watch it to make sure it isn't a threat lol.. seriously

Back
Top Bottom