what chameleon do you have & whats there temperament

rango87

id just to like to know what type of chameleon you have and what there temperament is like?

also has it changed as they became an adult?

i have a senegal and hes got a very friendly personality. he always climbs on to me when ive got a hand in his cage and if i dont get him out he paces by the door when he sees me walk by. hes a major attention hog! hes still young tho so i look forward to seeing how his personallity changes as he gets older

Male Nosy Be. Very easy to handle. Never hissed or shown any other signs of aggression or agitation.

Veiled, 5 months old, He is shy, will try to climb away if you open the door to his cage and start mucking about.
He will climb on you hands, with a little incentive like tickling his tail so he moves in the direction you want.
He may or may not puff up at this. but once he is out on my hands he's pretty calm, just likes to climb.
I have his viv in a pretty high traffic area (currently in the kitchen) and he will puff the odd time you walk by and get dark, probably because you've startled him.
So overall I'd say he's sensitive, but not mean

Its funny, I just texted my girlfriend yesterday that I hate Murdoch, my ~4mo male veiled, because hes a jerk. Hes definitely going to be a problem when he gets bigger. He constantly hisses and gapes when I try to handle him.

I do it rarely, but occasionally sometimes you have to.

I think I lucked out with my first chameleon, a female veiled, she didnt mind at all. Hand fed right away.

Valcron is a loving and curious veiled but a bad attitude when I go to pick him up. I'm working on that!! Advice in the attitude! topic will sincerely help me:)

My girl, Rango, is a veiled cham, about 7-8 mo. old, that is currently loaded with infertile eggs. She loves coming out her cage, has never tried to bite and is very friendly. She walks right onto my hand and has always been hand fed since we bought her. We got a good one! I hope she stays super cool like she is now!

I have a 1 year old Ambilobe Panther named Wonka. He actually is pretty calm. He eats regularly from my fingers and doesn't mind to be held. So sorry but im new to this forum, literally just joined. My question is how do you post a profile pic like everyone has, I would really like to post a pic of my cham. Thanks!:)

My cham is veiled male about 6 mo. I have had him for around 3 months now. He doesn't hiss like crazy, but still is very scared of my hands more than he is mad. I think he's just afraid because of previous mistreatment (not by me of course) at the store he was kept at.

11 month old panther (faly). he started off a little timid, but adventurous. now he's full on explorer, always running to check out anything new i bring home (which is my line of work is just about every 2 days) and he's the friendliest little thing i've ever seen. he sits and watches me all day, taps at the glass to let him out, scratches at where the lock is, etc. he hangs out on my shoulder/head when i'm walking around the house and follows me around. he comes to me when i'm sitting on the couch and spends time with me before running off to explore the rest of the room (hang out on my guitars or climb up my amps haha!)

VERY friendly little guy, and its always fun watching what he does. he gets himself into some serious trouble (gets stuck in places then stares at me/reaches out toward me and waits to be rescued). whenever i bring home somebody who hasn't seen him before, he instantly flocks over to them and spends as much time as he can sitting in their lap, crawling around on their hand/arm, to check them out. i love him :)

he's never hissed, bitten, and the only time i've ever seen him get fired up was when he was hunting a silk worm that evaded him 4-5 times. he puffed up, walked up to it and bit it in half lol

Male adult Mnt. Meru dwarf jackson. Named Jagger. I've had him for over 15 months. From day one we have had an understanding. That would be I don't try to handle him, touch him, or in general invade his space and in return he won't kill me, my children, or in general torch my house.

I'd classify him, out of many individual chams I've owned over decades, as the most pissy little bastard of all time. I love the little guy. :D

I have a 7 and a half month old Veiled and he is a sweet heart, as soon as I open his door he wants on me. I can rub his chin and he will just sit there and let me do it. I must have gotten lucky with him because everywhere i read the veiled's can have attitude. My boy has none at all, so far anyway he likes me lol

11 month old panther (faly). he started off a little timid, but adventurous. now he's full on explorer, always running to check out anything new i bring home (which is my line of work is just about every 2 days) and he's the friendliest little thing i've ever seen. he sits and watches me all day, taps at the glass to let him out, scratches at where the lock is, etc. he hangs out on my shoulder/head when i'm walking around the house and follows me around. he comes to me when i'm sitting on the couch and spends time with me before running off to explore the rest of the room (hang out on my guitars or climb up my amps haha!)

VERY friendly little guy, and its always fun watching what he does. he gets himself into some serious trouble (gets stuck in places then stares at me/reaches out toward me and waits to be rescued). whenever i bring home somebody who hasn't seen him before, he instantly flocks over to them and spends as much time as he can sitting in their lap, crawling around on their hand/arm, to check them out. i love him :)

he's never hissed, bitten, and the only time i've ever seen him get fired up was when he was hunting a silk worm that evaded him 4-5 times. he puffed up, walked up to it and bit it in half lol

your cham sounds amazing!! i would love to see him in action :) haha

From day one we have had an understanding. That would be I don't try to handle him, touch him, or in general invade his space and in return he won't kill me, my children, or in general torch my house.

I'd classify him, out of many individual chams I've owned over decades, as the most pissy little bastard of all time. I love the little guy. :D
this cracked me up, sounds a lot like my cat.. we just can't help but love em!!!

and to all the amazing owners i didnt quote, i couldnt possibly quote everyone(even tho i want to!!), i love all the stories about your chamis, they are such a huge part of our lives and families and its awesome to read threads like these honoring them :) :D :)

Last edited:
I'd classify him, out of many individual chams I've owned over decades, as the most pissy little bastard of all time. I love the little guy. :D[/QUOTE]

this made me laugh :D

I have multiple panther locales; Sambava's, Amilobe's, Nose Be's, Ambanja's, Nosy Faly's, & Diego Suarez, I have to say most them are extremely friendly. My WC Faly's Males a & Diego Suarez dame is feisty as well. My Veil is a beast though, he is extremely aggressive.

Not sure why veileds can be so agressive but it's known that they are one of the most agressive chams out there besides wild caught Chams

Back
Top Bottom