what camera to buy?

imcurt

Avid Member
Ok so im shopping for A new camera.I have A budget of 500.00 at the verry most.I want one that I can take macro(close up) of my baby panthers.I think I would like one with the option of useing manual focus. Any suggestions would help.OH and im buying NEW!!!!! not used.....

You can get ether a Nikon or Canon, they are both really good brands. At $500 you can get the body of the camera (no lenses), lenses would almost double the cost.

The Canon SX30 is the best camera at the price range you stated. You will also want to invest in a descent tripod. Also the macro features on these lower priced cameras are fairly limited.

Many of the Canon SLRs come with kit lenses. Best cameras for the price in my opinion.

It depends what you want to do... But basically any Nikon or Canon will be great, and what will make a difference is getting a good lens, and your photography skills of course! ;)

It depends what you want to do... But basically any Nikon or Canon will be great, and what will make a difference is getting a good lens, and your photography skills of course! ;)

OOOOOOOOH yeaaaaaaah. lol, lenses make a massive difference. The problem? They usually cost more than the camera if you want a good one. I just ordered a Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Telephoto Zoom Lens tonight for my Canon EOS Rebel T2i, it is rated one of the best lenses for the price. (I got it for $150, regularly $250-300) But if you ever get the chance, look up the difference between a standard lense and its 'L' (luxury) counterpart. I wouldnt worry too much about skill because you will learn with experience and by trying new things, just look up different techniques and how to use your "grid".

If you want to take close up pictures of a little cham, or item you would have to get a manual camera.
Both nikon and canon are great.
I used to have a sony alpha and its really good too... but colors are not as real as canon or nikon.
Look for the relfex cameras... those are one of the best ones..
Also... the most important factor in here its the lens that you are using.
The one that you will need its called macro lens, or micro... those are designed for close work and long barrel for close focusing.
maybe 90-105 mm range will make it, but 150-200 would be great!

Also.... its better to get closer to the object than using the optical zoom of your camera... If you zoom in, diaphragm will close up a little bit, and less light will be getting in.
What you want its more light... so... get closer to the object you are shooting instead of zooming in. That way diaphragm will stay open and more light will go thru, and smaller obturation time will be needed.

dont forget to post the pictures :D
AND your camera too x)

Back
Top Bottom