! What Came Out of My chameleons Butt!?

Panther16

Hi everybody I'm pretty tripped out cause this "thing" came out of my chameleons butt. I have the pic posted . Please let me.know what this is . It has ridges on it like taste buds on your young. I He has been constipated this passed week and pooping Orange ,but today after his brown poop was coming out,the orange hard piece came out which I had to help him out by using a stick. All of a sudden this white intestine looking thing was stuck .after pushing a few more times it came out. What is this ?????

Oh he also seemd relieved and a lot better after all that poop came out. I gave him a mist down after.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/515/imag1695.jpg/

lol no need to worry, what you just saw was your chams journey to manhood

the thing was a sperm plug, perfectly normal and he willl have more as he ages, it comes and goes

Thanks Ace!!!! Man I was worried.. I recently put him next to a female the first time a couple days ago.

The same thing(sperm plug) happened to my cam n I was worried til it came out.what trip like they say u learn something everyday.

these kinds of threads always make me chuckle....iv been there before with my first boy lol

He has been constipated this passed week and pooping Orange

Urates (the orange portion of the excrement) should be white; orangish color indicates that your cham should drink more. Misting the cage more should be enough to provide him with additional water.

Lol well I'm relieved and inbet it's funny for u experienced folks when someone put up a thread like this cause it's new to us and old to u ..lol Im lmao cause I'd be laughing if someone tripped out like me too when it's all OK

Urates (the orange portion of the excrement) should be white; orangish color indicates that your cham should drink more. Misting the cage more should be enough to provide him with additional water.

I am glad someone saw that there is a problem. Orange urates for several days need to be taken care of. Your Cham needs lots more water. You need to see a chalk white urate to show your Cham is healthy.

truely and this is just my opinion. A chameleon generally in my experience will only do this when water availability is limited and with the constipation combined with orange urates. If this continues your chameleons organs will start to fail.

Last edited:
My cham hasnt gone through this yet so as a owner of his first chameleon im wondering around how old does this happen for the first time?

Thanks you guys on the orange urate advice. I have been misting him down a lot more but he only drinks fo a little then stops. Will taking him showers help. More misting??

Thanks you guys on the orange urate advice. I have been misting him down a lot more but he only drinks fo a little then stops. Will taking him showers help. More misting??

try having dripper, like a plastic cup make a tiny hole that it drips in a constant pace , and leav on top of cage and make sure it dripps on some leaves he usually drinks from

for hydrating silkworms and hornworms help somewhat also

yeah thatll help him have more exposure to the water he needs. I dont know if you have a dripper but when i had a problem with my cham drinking i put the dripper and when i saw him drink from a certain spot i have been putting the dripper on the same spot so he knows where he can get water.seems to work

Cool. Thanks again ace and everybody else. Hopefully next time I won't get crazy and post "what's in my chameleons butt" now that I know what that thing was. Gee I was tripping out thinking it was part of his intestine but it's just a good ol' sped plug lol

Back
Top Bottom