What Breeder should I get my chameleon from?

Hey, I got my beautiful boy from Kammerflage Kreations and he is as healthy as he can be! And Customer Service is great if you want to ask any questions. Their chameleons have great color and you really know what your buying!

I feel pretty confident on how to set up a chameleon enclosure thanks to help from the community but, as my username implies, I still have some questions!
So, there are two sources for chameleons that I am debating about: the first is Chronic Chameleons, a Canadian-based breeder that is is near me. Lisa, the woman running the business, seems very pleasant, helpful and encouraged me use the forums as a resource when I had sort of forgot about them, plus she has lots of good reviews and beautiful, healthy chameleons. Still, with chameleons being as exotic and delicate as they are, I want to make 100% sure that she is a good source. Does anyone have any experience with them? Or ways to figure out if they are good? Because three things have tipped me off: The first is that she mentioned keeping two panther chameleons near each other in separate enclosures during a reptile con, saying “we used to take both boys to reptile shows as they would always face off and “fire up” which always amazed the crowd of onlookers because Scout and Archer (the chameleons) HATED eachother!” Now, I have no experience with taking chameleons to reptile cons or anything, but this sounded like it might put stress on the chams. Or is it perfectly innocent? The second thing is in a similar vein: if you go to Chronic’s Facebook page they don’t seem to have anything preventing chameleons from seeing eachother through the mesh, which could also stress them out. The third is harder to tell because it isn’t explicitly stated, but it seemed that she may have been sending out some veiled at a young age.
The next option is actually an exotic pet store that has lots of supplies and breeds geckos and snakes. I get stuff for my gecko from there and they also have lots of good reviews. They get their chameleons (veiled and panther) from a breeder that doesn’t seem to have a website, so I can’t get any info on them. The panther babies do seem healthy, though, with bright eyes and steady movement and are half the price of Chronic’s pure-bred panthers. What do you think about buying from them? I got my crestie from there and he is healthy!
What source do you guys think would be best? Or should I look for another?

I don't have great creds for advising about chameleons, but lots of other animal experience. Are both of these options near enough so that you can pick up your baby in person? If so, maybe you should trust your own experience to pick out the healthiest and happiest. If not, I'd go with the nearer one to avoid shipping.

I don't have great creds for advising about chameleons, but lots of other animal experience. Are both of these options near enough so that you can pick up your baby in person? If so, maybe you should trust your own experience to pick out the healthiest and happiest. If not, I'd go with the nearer one to avoid shipping.
I never considered that! Good thought.

Back
Top Bottom