What are your lastest best advices around supplementation and gutloading?

marcsman16

Established Member
Im working on providing the best feeders with their proper supplementation and gutloading.
Any suggestion and advice regarding this topic are very welcome!

Marcos

Variety! I use a mixture of commercial and homemade gutload products that have a wide variety of good low oxalate . high calcium ingredients from the freshest sources possible. Don't rely on 1 sole product. The more variety, the less chance of missing minerals/nutrients in my opinion

I mix up different gutloads like Pangea, Mazuri, Cricket Crack, and Repashy and also put puréed organic fresh fruits and veggies in unflavored gelatin to make little feeding cubes. Then, the night before or a couple of hours before feeding, I separate what I’ll feed to my chams and gutload them with Vit-all since I use Miner-all

Variety! I use a mixture of commercial and homemade gutload products that have a wide variety of good low oxalate . high calcium ingredients from the freshest sources possible. Don't rely on 1 sole product. The more variety, the less chance of missing minerals/nutrients in my opinion
And what about brands like Repashy, Exo-Terra, Arcadia?
And btw congrats!
Bowie is so beautiful!
Good luck with him, wish the best of luck
Marcos

And what about brands like Repashy, Exo-Terra, Arcadia?
And btw congrats!
Bowie is so beautiful!
Good luck with him, wish the best of luck
Marcos
Thanks! I love him so much already!

I use Repashy and am trying Arcadia...I haven't had good luck with my other reptiles on Exo-Terra feeds, so I tend to stay away from their supplements/feeds.

I do the pureed veggies and kosher plain gelatin cubes. I also use organic rabbit pellets with probiotics as my bedding for crickets, dubia, and superworms. It's way more nutritious than oats or bran (empty calories) and is pretty inexpensive in the long run when you crush it.

I sprinkle bee pollen and spirulina in the bedding as well as dust feeders with them before feeding several times a week to help immunity and overall health. This is in addition to calcium w/o d most days and multivitamins every 2 weeks/vit a (monthly), calcium with vit d (every 2 weeks). I have several brands that I use for supplements - repashy, reptical, arcadia to again make sure all minerals/vitamins/pre-pro-formed stages of minerals are utilized.

Variety in gutloading, variety in supplement brands/types, and variety in feeder types are a good thing!

Back
Top Bottom