What are these?

Jweezy

I noticed this morning I had this worm or centipede in my plant coming out of the soil/sand.

I am just wondering if I need to re-pot the plant and if the worms/centipede are poisonous or bad for my chameleon never seen them before.

Its a little millipede, harmless, your cham may or may not eat it, but is unlikely to come to harm if it does, they eat decayed vegetation. :)

I have a lot of centipedes in the backyard... Can I feed them to my chameleon?

He's just over 2 months.

I have a problem SORT of like this, apparently the big bag of chameleon flooring I got, which basically looks like mulch, has bad sides. I put it in and a month later these small black beetles started hatching out of them! Do you think they're okay for my chameleon? They sort of stink and my dad said they were stink bugs?

They kind of look like this

http://www.flowers.vg/flowers/stink-large.htm

Its not good to have ANY substrate such as much and repti bark in the chams cage. they could eat it and it can cause an impaction. I would say loose the mulch all together!

Reactions: Dez
Its not good to have ANY substrate such as much and repti bark in the chams cage. they could eat it and it can cause an impaction. I would say loose the mulch all together!

I've used repti bark for years with my chameleons with no ill effects...

I've used repti bark for years with my chameleons with no ill effects...

I have read many a times on here that substrate regardless of what it is can cause impaction and it can also house bacteria, but I'm sure there are some cases that it may not do anything to a cham but do you really want to take a chance?

There is a difference between centipedes and millipedes. Millipedes are harmless and as worst produce a foul smell. Centipedes on the other hand are hunters and have a decent bite. They also have venom.

Back
Top Bottom