What are these!?

Norbert

Established Member
Tiny bugs? These white things are crawling around the base of my plant anyone know what these could be and how to get rid of them??? They weren’t there yesterday that I know of and all of the sudden there are a bunch. I noticed when I came to mist at night so I wasn’t able to take the plant out without stressing my chameleon before bed. I did spray some neem oil on my bottom plants’ soil though.
71DDB243-5260-4041-8A27-64A245150B98.jpeg

No, they look like springtails to me. They are attracted to water and are in the dirt that the plants are in. They are used in bio active set ups for CUC. They are harmless.

@jamest0o0 am I correct in what I’m seeing?
I took a video but I didn’t know how to attach it on this forum. They do seem to be crawling with feet not squirming, and they move very fast.

I took a video but I didn’t know how to attach it on this forum. They do seem to be crawling with feet not squirming, and they move very fast.
Hmmm I dunno this is why I strip the soil off my potted plants lol. But I also do that where I live because you can gets slugs in them. Not something I want crawling around the cage. But most of the stuff that comes out of potted plants is harmless. More annoying then anything.
I tagged James so he will know more then likely what it is.

Hmmm I dunno this is why I strip the soil off my potted plants lol. But I also do that where I live because you can gets slugs in them. Not something I want crawling around the cage. But most of the stuff that comes out of potted plants is harmless. More annoying then anything.
I tagged James so he will know more then likely what it is.
Thank you, hoping that’s all they are! My enclosure is in the bedroom so I just wanted to make sure it was safe to leave for the night and take care of in the morning. That plant was collecting a lot of water this week because I washed it in the shower and it hasn’t dried out yet.

Back
Top Bottom