What are these?

TheLetterAfterP(Q)

Avid Member
After rinsing my plants I noticed these small things all over the leaves of (only) one of my plants. Some are worse than others, however a lot of them have it, and I just want to be sure there's nothing bad about these things. Please let me know if you have any insight.

The only clue I have as to what these things could possibly be is that I see an ant or two roaming around on the plant every now and then.

I will be taking this plant into the shower to give every single leave a proper wash and rinse. Thanks in advance everyone.
20190522_145559.jpg

Im so confused. How is it that they're all over yet I haven't seen one bug other than an ant. It seems my plant is infested? Will they do harm to it or the chameleon? What can I do to get rid/ treat them. I really need to make sure this plant stays alive and healthy.

it's scale, schefflera are prone to get them, you have to pick them off, try to get them all if you can, sometimes you can use mild dish detergent and water, only do this if you can take the plant OUT of your chams enclosure, then rinse well with plain water before replacing. If you let them go too long they will multiply like crazy and eventually kill the plant

it's scale, schefflera are prone to get them, you have to pick them off, try to get them all if you can, sometimes you can use mild dish detergent and water, only do this if you can take the plant OUT of your chams enclosure, then rinse well with plain water before replacing. If you let them go too long they will multiply like crazy and eventually kill the plant
Wowowowow..:eek: I will most definitely be getting every last one of them off the plant as well as washing it down with soap and water. Thank youall for the quick responses. I am so glad I posted about it.
Is there anything else i should know or anything that will help prevent them in the future? What even caused them to come?

Oh wow. Well damn. That would explain a lot. I will be sure to be extra cautious from here on out. Thanks again everyone for being so quick to respond. I've separated this plant and plan on giving it a good wash soon. To hell with ants. :LOL:

After much research and hours of debating I have decided to prune my entire bonsai free of pests. In all honesty I couldnt feel better about the decision. Sitting down, cutting and styling the bonsai was amazing. No to mention the aroma that came from the freshly cut leaves. I aboslutely love bonsai. I cannot wait until this plant starts growing in. (y) :)
20190528_202953.jpg
20190528_203029.jpg

Back
Top Bottom