What are Some of Your Favorite Songs and Music Videos?

There probably aren't too many out there who know of—much less remember (I'm not even that old)—Kay Kyser's Kollege of Musical Knowledge, so I'll just jump right in...

For those who may not know (as hard as that is to imagine), originally, The Rocky Horror Show (1973)
... [was a stage production] with music, lyrics and book by Richard O'Brien. A humorous tribute to the science fiction and horror B movies of the 1930s through to the early 1960s, the musical tells the story of a newly engaged couple getting caught in a storm and coming to the home of a mad transvestite scientist, Dr Frank-N-Furter, unveiling his new creation, a sort of Frankenstein-style monster in the form of an artificially made, fully grown, physically perfect muscle man named Rocky, complete "with blond hair and a tan".

Two years later (1975) it was made into what would become the most famous "cult flick" of all time,
The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Two years after that (1977), was the (future) Missus' & my first... experience—going to a midnight showing. What I remember most—and most fondly—is the opening song. Why? Because back then, I may have been the only person in that audience of 'twenty-somethings' who not only 'got'—but had actually seen—every movie reference in the song. I also found the haunting melody (IMO) one of the best songs of the '70s.

Here it is, in a version with lyrics, and clips from every sci-fi/horror movie referenced in the song. Enjoy! :)

We've not been to a showing in decades. If you've never been (probably not very likely) I urge you to attend one. Search: rocky horror picture show [closest city]
for a showing near you. Bring a friend (and a poncho). 😁

I loved Rocky Horror! Still can’t see Tim Curry in anything without thinking of him as Frank N Furter. 😂
IDK anyone who can. He made the role, and the role made him.

TBH, I thought I had heard that he passed, but not so.
Curry uses a wheelchair after suffering a major stroke in July 2012.[31] This has limited his work mostly to voice acting, although he has continued to perform as a singer and make appearances at fan conventions.[32]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Curry#Personal_life

Back
Top Bottom