what am i doing wrong....

Hello.

I have two cricket living containers that I bought at Petco. One for the large crickets, one for the small crickets.

In both I put some egg holder thingy, the cricket water gel, either potatoes, carrots and lettuce. I have them in the same room as the jacksons.

I usually buy 10 of each. two days later some or half are dead? why?

what am i doing wrong?

I could order online. we do have a reptile shop. not sure what food they sell.

why is petco a problem?

what are the top three food you recommend I feed my jacksons?

thx

Petco and places like it always have high death rate on crickets. Order some from flukersfarms at 1/2 size. They will live longer.

Ghanns probably has the best crickets you can order. You'd have a difficult time finding any dead. Large bin with egg flats and plenty of ventilation. Cricket keepers suck. Water gel, potatoes, lettuce, and carrots are all pretty useless too. Could argue potatoes even carry toxins. Should be feeding variety of dark leafy greens like collards, dandelion, mustard, etc... along with things like papaya and other more nutritious foods. Then spirulina and bee pollen are good dry foods to add in, among others.

I too have bad luck. And what mystifies me is the crickets die but look really healthy still. My problem may be the urine from the crickets is making the air ammonia filled and they are suffocating. :(

Back
Top Bottom