What age?

Reptilelover47

Established Member
Hey guys. At what age do you think it would be ok to give my lil panther cham hornworms and other large treats? My panther cham is about six months now and is about 11 inches with his tail uncurled.

He LOVES to eat and always is looking for food when I approach him. lol. The one time he jumped on my hand trying to get closer to the cup of mealworms I was feeding him from. He's a sweet and funny lil guy. I'd like to be able to give him a few treats here and there, especially if I need to take care of something in his cage and he doesn't seem too comfortable... I think giving him a treat at one of those times might make him trust me even more, plus I'm sure his diet could use more variety.

What bugs would you recommend? I was mainly thinking hornworms and roaches as treats. On a regular basis his diet consists of crickets, meal worms, and phoenix worms.

I'm definitely still learning, he's my first cham, but I'm also not doing bad so far :)

Thank you!

They can eat hornworms and roaches at any age as long as the feeders are the appropriate size.......no wider than the space between their eyes. Hornworns grow really fast and would outgrow him quickly. I'd recommend trying small and medium silkworms and also butter worms.

Thank you! I'll get on that :)

Keeping in mind how fast they grow, at what age would you recommend giving him hornworms? Should I wait til he's fully grown? They're just easily accessible to me, that's the only reason I'm wondering.

Thank you! I'll get on that :)

Keeping in mind how fast they grow, at what age would you recommend giving him hornworms? Should I wait til he's fully grown? They're just easily accessible to me, that's the only reason I'm wondering.

He can have small ones now. Just keep in mind small will be extra large in a week. I keep mine in a wine cooler at 62 degrees and that helps slow the growth some.

Back
Top Bottom