What age do you think this female Nosy Mitsio is?

slashroot101

Hello! I recently got this girl from a breeder, and she is supposedly 8 months old. I can provide better pictures for you guys to help identify, but I feel like she is very small for 8 months old. She is about the size of the digit of one of my fingers, maybe 1.5 digits, so pretty small. I included a picture, and I think that makes her even look pretty big.

I was going to breed her at a year, but I cannot believe that she is possibly going to be of breeding size by then because the male is 3x her size.

What do you guys think? Do you need better photos?

IMG-0266.jpg

Hello! I recently got this girl from a breeder, and she is supposedly 8 months old. I can provide better pictures for you guys to help identify, but I feel like she is very small for 8 months old. She is about the size of the digit of one of my fingers, maybe 1.5 digits, so pretty small. I included a picture, and I think that makes her even look pretty big.

I was going to breed her at a year, but I cannot believe that she is possibly going to be of breeding size by then because the male is 3x her size.

What do you guys think? Do you need better photos?

View attachment 319959
I mean, the pic makes her look tiny, but how much does she weigh?

Sorry, meant to reply to your message with what I said above: I just weighed her and she is 6 grams. Apparently born on 5/29/21. I cannot believe that is true.
I mean, runts happen, but that seems highly dubious. Forsure she’s not ready to breed.

Can I make a suggestion? Before vilifying the breeder publicly, try contacting him/her and explaining your concerns. It might be a mistake. If nothing doing there, then by all means: crucify him/her.

Can I make a suggestion? Before vilifying the breeder publicly, try contacting him/her and explaining your concerns. It might be a mistake. If nothing doing there, then by all means: crucify him/her.
I definitely will. I tried contacting them, and they will not and have no responded to me in about a week. I will definitely give them a chance to do the right thing.

I definitely will. I tried contacting them, and they will not and have no responded to me in about a week. I will definitely give them a chance to do the right thing.
At least this way you can feel totally justified in whatever measures you see fit.

I am in the US! And I am not trying to throw a fit over it or anything. I really do not mind mating, but I wish they were honest.
I totally sympathize. And if there was dishonesty, then by all means throw a fit: you might save someone else from the same. I was just wondering.

Back
Top Bottom