What about this Mister Moisture..Please help..

I just found this mister called "Mister moisture automatic misting system " at LLL reptiles for 59.99 on sale.Is this system as good as the mist king or at least better then the Habba mist?

I need to know before the sale ends as I need to buy this soon.Thanks so much..
http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/reptile-supplies/bowls-drippers-misters-and-humidifiers/

better than the habba? i think so. just be careful not the let the pump run dry. it will "melt down" from what ive heard.

Well having a meltdown wont do.Does it have a fine mist or does it spit water out..IDK maybe I should just spray by hand.

The value mistking is $99, I thought about getting one of the other misters but figured in the long run they would probably burn out and I would still have to buy this one anyways so I might as well do it now, I love it and am sooo glad I did, Now I wish I didnt buy the hand mister and dripper to begin with, I could have saved some money

I thought they needed a dripper as well as the misting?
I mean the dripper is like 5 bucks so its not a huge deal.

My opinion is you get what you pay for. You're always better off spending a little extra and getting much better quality. Otherwise, when the cheaper one breaks, you'll end up spending twice as much. I've personally never heard of that mister so I wouldn't get it. We have our MistKing and we absolutely love it. It works perfectly, never had any issues, it's quiet, and it gets the job done. We got a timer to go with it and it's fantastic. If you have a MistKing, or any quality misting system, you will not need a dripper. If you set your timer properly, the mister will create enough mist to fully coat the leaves in water, giving your chameleons plenty of drinking water. It may take you a few tries to get it just the way you want it, but it's worth it. For us, here in New Jersey, we do some hand misting between mistings in the winter because the air is just so dry. Also, keep in mind that if you get a MistKing, you have the ability to mist up to 15 cages at a time. Not saying you'll have 15 chameleons, but Sean and I started with 1 chameleon then went up to 5 (though we just lost one) and it's been wonderful to be able to alter our system and add nozzles and tubing.

If I were you though, I'd order directly from MistKing if you end up going with it only because if you DO have any issues, you can talk directly to them rather than going through a middle man, you know what I mean? Just my honest opinion.

Last edited:
Thanks all, I wont waste my money on the mister moisture then.I think for now I will hand mist, with a nice pump mister.
I will only have the one cham and I do use the hand mister occasionally on my snakes.
Maybe if I get really tired of misting I will then order the mistking:)

Just a little input :eek:) We got our mister when we went on vacation so our families only had to worry about feeding the animals and so they could stay hydrated all day long. So if you end up having a long weekend or something like that and you want to go away, it's definitely a great item to have.

I have a question about the positioning of the mister valves. I saw on the screameleons set up kit that they place the mister horizontily so that the water stream left to right or vice versa. Does anybody use that position or is it better to place it so that it mists straight down from the top of the cage thus covering a great surface area of plants, vines and twigs as well as the chameleon?

I have a question about the positioning of the mister valves. I saw on the screameleons set up kit that they place the mister horizontily so that the water stream left to right or vice versa. Does anybody use that position or is it better to place it so that it mists straight down from the top of the cage thus covering a great surface area of plants, vines and twigs as well as the chameleon?

I use this method in my free ranges, but not my cages. It's a good idea to give room for the chameleon to escape the mist. So that is why I put my nozzles in the corner. A good portion of the cage gets covered in water, but the chams can still 'hide' or move out of the spray if they want.

and i'd stay away from mister moisture. It uses a piston pump like the one in the monsoon system. These pumps can be lethal if safety precautions aren't taken. :eek:

Our nozzles are in the corners of our cages as well. You can adjust the direction the nozzle sprays which helps with getting it to spray exactly where you want it to.

the lll reptile mister is junk

Its loud and leaks. Also the timer only has minute setting. So for one minute on the system mists for three minutes. It is very loud and also the nozzle has flown off multiple times making water fly everywhere because there is an extreme ammount of pressure from this pump. on a positive note. the LLL misting knozzle puts out a better mist than the mist king. I now only use my mistking though.

Back
Top Bottom