What a rush!

bbyoda

Chameleon Enthusiast
Wasn't sure how it would go, but both chameleons are safe and sound in their enclosures at our new home!

Lots of disassembling, cleaning, and assembling today but we did it! Phew....

PXL_20220325_192633591.jpg

I gotta say moving chameleons is some serious stress and effort. I thought it was bad moving in the same city. That was hard enough taking everything down to then put it back up. But moving states was a whole new level of hell. Having to ship his cage because it was way too large to put in my SUV and waiting for it to get to the next state with our stuff ended up being a nightmare. Beman hated me for weeks after.

Pure hell, just had the same situation 5 weeks ago. Good it worked out just fine for them 👍🏻

Moving is definitely hell. The only upside is it's a chance to declutter and get rid of things you really don't need. We did a lot of that and I used the opportunity to make some improvements to the cham setup.

Oh wow, that would be a hard job! Glad your done and everyone is ok! From what I can see your home is beautiful!
Thank you so much!! My partner and I feel so grateful to have this home. It really is beautiful. And it was definitely a tough job but we planned it all out in stages and made some lists to keep us focused. When we started having meltdowns or getting overwhelmed we went back to the lists lol.

I gotta say moving chameleons is some serious stress and effort. I thought it was bad moving in the same city. That was hard enough taking everything down to then put it back up. But moving states was a whole new level of hell. Having to ship his cage because it was way too large to put in my SUV and waiting for it to get to the next state with our stuff ended up being a nightmare. Beman hated me for weeks after.

Ugh...I'm glad it's possible and can be done but it does sounds like a nightmare. Poor you and Beman. I moved across country with two cats and that was really challenging. At least they had valium so they didn't hate us afterwards lol!

Yay! I only moved my chams from one room to another and that was hard enough.

😂 If you have to do cable management and re hook up a mist king it's a challenge, no matter how far you're going!

Exactly! It's across from the guinea pig walk and next to my office desk. Office jungle theme going strong 💪 hopefully with the better central air in this house it won't smell so "interesting" 😂
Shouldn't be the chameleons... Guinea pig ammonia? I remember it well... :rolleyes:
I would have thought something improved in 40 years (odor control—not GPs), but IDK. :unsure:

I get it. I was warned the same about keeping a beardie by Clint's Reptiles, but our beardie has no smell whatsoever. It just takes conscientious cleaning ASAP after they've pooped and weekly soaks (which lately has been killing two stones with one bird.

If it stank/stunk? Missus would toss us both out, but she still doesn't know what dragon poop smells like. 🤞

Back
Top Bottom