What a difference a fly makes

luis138

My Jackson ate his last cricket about a week ago and never touched them again. I would have to remove the dead crickets untouched every day.

A fellow forum member gave me some blue bottle flies for me to try out. WOW!!! He went berserk, ate all of them in a matter of minutes and has been eating daily. No more crickets for him I guess. I am so happy that he is eating again.

Luis

Yeah, theres not much better to break a hunger strike than BB flies. I get them every few months for the fun of watching the feeding frenzy. Juveniles can eat blue bottles at around 2 1/2 months old so great for variety for growing chams as well.

If you're going to be using them often, you should dust them.

What i do is put the pupae in a covered deli cup with a pinch of vitamin/calcium powder already in the bottom. Once the flies hatch i simply shake up the powder from the bottom of the cup and then release them into the enclosure.

I am trying to order from them but I don't know if their website or my PC are funky. I add the item in my shopping cart and when I go to check out it tells me my shopping cart is empty. Maybe it means that they are out of stock.

Luis

When I feed flies, I put the container in the fridge to slow them down, then put the quantity of flies I want in the dust and toss them in. I hatched a lot at a time so that was easiest for me.

Back
Top Bottom