What’s your dream chameleon?

PlanetRemulak

Avid Member
Just wondering what species of chameleon any of you would love to keep that you haven’t yet worked with for one reason or another? I’m especially curious about some lesser known species, like furcifer verrucosus and furcifer oustaleti especially. It’s sort of a pipe dream of mine to one day bring home a CB oustalet’s chameleon. I’m so taken by their massive size and their (supposed) mellow temperament 😍 (although I have to say, I’d still be beyond thrilled to have an uncharacteristically spicy oustalet‘s. That’s what thick gloves are for!). I’m a little saddened to see they aren’t discussed very much. They may not be capable of the full spectrum of colors panthers are, but f. oustaleti is such a gorgeous species in its own way (I think the same goes for f. verrucosus as well).

Sigh. One of these days, maybe I’ll have the sheer amount of space a single f. Oustaleti would require. More importantly, maybe one of these days I’ll be able to find a breeder.

Anyway, as the title states! What’s your dream cham?

Glad you brought it up. I too am crazy about the F. Oustaleti. That is the main reason I came to this cham forum. Love the size they can obtain. Just having trouble finding a CB breeder at this time as well. Love the Parsonii Parsonii too! Good things come to those who wait right?

I LOVE T. ellioti and would love to have multiple "locales" of them one day! There's also another top favorite species that I won't say (they're tied at first for me), as I'd rather it be a surprise for when I get one and show it/them on here hopefully within the month!

I LOVE T. ellioti and would love to have multiple "locales" of them one day! There's also another top favorite species that I won't say (they're tied at first for me), as I'd rather it be a surprise for when I get one and show it/them on here hopefully within the month!
So secretive 🤔 you’ve got me especially curious now! It sounds like there exists the very real possibility that you will be bringing home a new chameleon soon..? How exciting! By saying anything at all, you‘ve committed yourself to posting pics. I won’t accept bread crumbs 😂

T. Ellioti are so very cute! I actually had no idea that they came in different locales. I love the smaller montane species (I’m partial to all species of Jackson’s especially, but achieving the night time drop in temps montane chams require would be extremely challenging where I live. I fear any montane species I brought into my home would fail to really thrive 😢).

Female yellow lip parsons! My absolute favorites 🥰 :love:
100% yes! Although I have to admit - II find all species of Parson’s impressive 🥰

Dream & unobtainable or at least not sensibly is the Labords Chameleon, but they look beautiful
I’d actually never even heard of a Labord’s Chameleon until I saw your comment. I looked them up and all I can say is wow. That is one seriously impressive creature. I’m with you entirely on obtaining them sensibly as I have the same thoughts about Oustalet’s chameleons. i want to say it would be wonderful to be given the opportunity to keep one, but not if that means destruction of their natural habitat (or collecting so many wild specimens that they face existing only in captivity).

100% yes! Although I have to admit - II find all species of Parson’s impressive 🥰

I’d actually never even heard of a Labord’s Chameleon until I saw your comment. I looked them up and all I can say is wow. That is one seriously impressive creature. I’m with you entirely on obtaining them sensibly as I have the same thoughts about Oustalet’s chameleons. i want to say it would be wonderful to be given the opportunity to keep one, but not if that means destruction of their natural habitat (or collecting so many wild specimens that they face existing only in captivity).
I love all of the Parsons as well!

So secretive 🤔 you’ve got me especially curious now! It sounds like there exists the very real possibility that you will be bringing home a new chameleon soon..? How exciting! By saying anything at all, you‘ve committed yourself to posting pics. I won’t accept bread crumbs 😂

T. Ellioti are so very cute! I actually had no idea that they came in different locales. I love the smaller montane species (I’m partial to all species of Jackson’s especially, but achieving the night time drop in temps montane chams require would be extremely challenging where I live. I fear any montane species I brought into my home would fail to really thrive 😢).
Yes, I'm bringing home a male Ankify panther as well in either late July or early August! The secret species will be a male and hopefully a female, too! I will definitely be posting lots of pics, don't worry!

Yes, I can't achieve that much of a night drop right now, but I might be getting a chameleon quarantine shed, too, so that might get turned into a montane species shed after all of my new chams get quarantined!

Would have to be a breeding program for me to live the dream & most of the year would be looking after eggs😂. But could be interesting for keeping from extinction, like the work I've recently seen on ruffed tail lemurs being released from captive breeding programs

Yes, I'm bringing home a male Ankify panther as well in either late July or early August! The secret species will be a male and hopefully a female, too! I will definitely be posting lots of pics, don't worry!

Yes, I can't achieve that much of a night drop right now, but I might be getting a chameleon quarantine shed, too, so that might get turned into a montane species shed after all of my new chams get quarantined!
Look forward for the pictures not heard much about this locale busy g👀gling 😂

You’re so very lucky on all accounts! I find both the Ankify and Ankaramy locales stunning. I’d love to see more of both! So very excited to see pictures of your future chams 💙

Would have to be a breeding program for me to live the dream & most of the year would be looking after eggs😂. But could be interesting for keeping from extinction, like the work I've recently seen on ruffed tail lemurs being released from captive breeding programs
What a seriously awesome life experience that would be, even if the majority of the chameleons you’d be working with would still be eggs 😂

Back
Top Bottom