What’s this lump?

Chameleon Info:
• Your Chameleon - Female Ambilobe panther Chameleon, website said 9-10 months . Im thinking more 5-6 months old. She's been in my care for 5 days.

• Handling - I have handled her once or twice and try to avoid it.

• Feeding - I'm feeding her medium/large crickets. She will eat anywhere from 4-9 per day. I feed her about an hour after turning her lights on so she can warm up I gut load the crickets with carrots, apples, sweet potato and collard greens/sometimes I’ll buy kale instead.

• Supplements - cal without D3 everyday. Reptivite with D3 2x a month.
Cal with D3 2x a month.

• Watering - I setup the mistking to where it turns on every day at 8:00am, at 8:30am the mistking goes off for about 2:10 seconds. Then around 11:30am for 25 seconds. At 2:30 & 4:00pm for 25 seconds. Then for 1:45 secs at 6:00pm & finally at 7:30 it goes off for 35 seconds.

• Fecal Description - she has pooped once. ( on my arm!) and noticed right away her urates were very yellow and had little to no white.
She was very thirsty when I received her. But has been drinking very good since.

• History - I don’t know much about her history. The website didn’t have much information & the person I was messaging with didn’t know either. I’ll post pics down at the bottom.

Cage Info:
• Cage Type - XL Screen reptibreeze. 24x24x48
• Lighting - I have a 60w heat bulb that keeps her basking area in the low 80s and I have a the Arcadia 6% uvb t5 ho LED bar.

• Temperature - The ambient temp in the room is 70-73, with her basking spot in the low 80s. The temps as low as 68 at night but nothing lower than 62.
• Humidity - The hygrometer never goes below 60%. The cages are not constantly moist, I do let them dry out each time the mistking goes off.
• Plants -Yes, I am using live plants. I have two croton plants, one medium sized umbrella . I also have a few fake vines and plants. I’ll be getting more when Walmart stocks up.

• Placement - The cage is located in my room, next to my other panther chameleons cage. Both cages are located On the other side of the room, facing the door and my bed. (& No they can’t see each other)
•Location - South Texas.

Problem: when I was feeding her today, I noticed this weird bump behind her leg. She seems fine, walks, and drinks, eats and everything seems good but I’m not sure what it is.

Chameleon Info:
• Your Chameleon - Female Ambilobe panther Chameleon, website said 9-10 months . Im thinking more 5-6 months old. She's been in my care for 5 days.

• Handling - I have handled her once or twice and try to avoid it.

• Feeding - I'm feeding her medium/large crickets. She will eat anywhere from 4-9 per day. I feed her about an hour after turning her lights on so she can warm up I gut load the crickets with carrots, apples, sweet potato and collard greens/sometimes I’ll buy kale instead.

• Supplements - cal without D3 everyday. Reptivite with D3 2x a month.
Cal with D3 2x a month.

• Watering - I setup the mistking to where it turns on every day at 8:00am, at 8:30am the mistking goes off for about 2:10 seconds. Then around 11:30am for 25 seconds. At 2:30 & 4:00pm for 25 seconds. Then for 1:45 secs at 6:00pm & finally at 7:30 it goes off for 35 seconds.

• Fecal Description - she has pooped once. ( on my arm!) and noticed right away her urates were very yellow and had little to no white.
She was very thirsty when I received her. But has been drinking very good since.

• History - I don’t know much about her history. The website didn’t have much information & the person I was messaging with didn’t know either. I’ll post pics down at the bottom.

Cage Info:
• Cage Type - XL Screen reptibreeze. 24x24x48
• Lighting - I have a 60w heat bulb that keeps her basking area in the low 80s and I have a the Arcadia 6% uvb t5 ho LED bar.

• Temperature - The ambient temp in the room is 70-73, with her basking spot in the low 80s. The temps as low as 68 at night but nothing lower than 62.
• Humidity - The hygrometer never goes below 60%. The cages are not constantly moist, I do let them dry out each time the mistking goes off.
• Plants -Yes, I am using live plants. I have two croton plants, one medium sized umbrella . I also have a few fake vines and plants. I’ll be getting more when Walmart stocks up.

• Placement - The cage is located in my room, next to my other panther chameleons cage. Both cages are located On the other side of the room, facing the door and my bed. (& No they can’t see each other)
•Location - South Texas.

Problem: when I was feeding her today, I noticed this weird bump behind her leg. She seems fine, walks, and drinks, eats and everything seems good but I’m not sure what it is.
If you use the Reptivite with D3, you don’t need to use calcium with D3. Mistings should be at least 2 minutes, but preferably 5 minutes, long. Could you post a pic of the lump, please?

Here are some pictures of her.

Attachments

• 57E9A37F-361B-48D1-A959-C1F0D44C4B8A.png
    57E9A37F-361B-48D1-A959-C1F0D44C4B8A.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 119
  • 162CCF83-6EB4-434F-B108-11DC41BA53FB.png
    162CCF83-6EB4-434F-B108-11DC41BA53FB.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 135
  • 76B6CE59-92BE-476E-97FA-9B18DD0C0395.jpeg
    76B6CE59-92BE-476E-97FA-9B18DD0C0395.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 132
If you use the Reptivite with D3, you don’t need to use calcium with D3. Mistings should be at least 2 minutes, but preferably 5 minutes, long. Could you post a pic of the lump, please?

Attachments

• 78AFFA85-5FFF-43A5-BE5A-DD2ED98C394E.png
    78AFFA85-5FFF-43A5-BE5A-DD2ED98C394E.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 110
  • 6B0C3465-61D2-4D37-8C11-DA65B8DC6A2C.jpeg
    6B0C3465-61D2-4D37-8C11-DA65B8DC6A2C.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 111
If shes pooped only once in 5 day it could be a build up of poop? I've noticed once, my little guy ate loaads and he got a little lump in the same area and just as I was about to panic he done a big poop and it went away haha.

Or an egg as ERKleRose said.

Im not too familiar with females so I personally would take her to the vet if it's still like that after a couple of day just to be sure.

Hopefully someone more experienced here can confirm if this is a egg or not.

If shes pooped only once in 5 day it could be a build up of poop? I've noticed once, my little guy ate loaads and he got a little lump in the same area and just as I was about to panic he done a big poop and it went away haha.

Or an egg as ERKleRose said.

Im not too familiar with females so I personally would take her to the vet if it's still like that after a couple of day just to be sure.

Hopefully someone more experienced here can confirm if this is a egg or not.
I really hope it’s something as simple as just poop! Or just an egg! But yes, I’ll wait a day or two and see if it disappears or if anything changes!

So I felt the little lump right now with my thumb. I pressed a little In and she doesn’t seem bother by it ? It doesn’t feel hard either. It kinda just goes in and pops right out again.

Can’t see it being an egg. If it were poop I’d expect the general area to be rounder, not just one localized area. How quickly did it develop?

So I felt the little lump right now with my thumb. I pressed a little In and she doesn’t seem bother by it ? It doesn’t feel hard either. It kinda just goes in and pops right out again.

It looks like an egg or an ovum. Sometimes you can see the eggs before they are calcified. If it is soft, I would say unshelled egg. If har, then a shelled egg.

What bothers me is how the edges of it are so sharp. That suggests she is perhaps having contractions, is egg bound or is dehydrated. That's assuming the lump originates in the reproductive tract.

Do you have a laying bin for her? Since it seems she is new to you, I wouldn't give her any choice about being in a laying bin and put her in a trash can with proper laying substrate. I would put a little plant and sticks so she can get off the ground if she wants. I would also have an automated mister going in the bin for her. I would return her to her cage every afternoon if she is sitting up on branches. Feed and water her as usual. Feed her in the morning (lots of calcium, by the way) and move her to t he laying bin/trash can every afternoon. If you work, put her in in the morning. Make some several starter holes for her around the roots of the plant.

Good luck.

Can’t see it being an egg. If it were poop I’d expect the general area to be rounder, not just one localized area. How quickly did it develop?
Fed her this morning and I noticed it, I hadn’t noticed it before. Nor does it show in the pictures the first day I got her.

It looks like an egg or an ovum. Sometimes you can see the eggs before they are calcified. If it is soft, I would say unshelled egg. If har, then a shelled egg.

What bothers me is how the edges of it are so sharp. That suggests she is perhaps having contractions, is egg bound or is dehydrated. That's assuming the lump originates in the reproductive tract.

Do you have a laying bin for her? Since it seems she is new to you, I wouldn't give her any choice about being in a laying bin and put her in a trash can with proper laying substrate. I would put a little plant and sticks so she can get off the ground if she wants. I would also have an automated mister going in the bin for her. I would return her to her cage every afternoon if she is sitting up on branches. Feed and water her as usual. Feed her in the morning (lots of calcium, by the way) and move her to t he laying bin/trash can every afternoon. If you work, put her in in the morning. Make some several starter holes for her around the roots of the plant.

Good luck.
She does have a laying bin with her, it’s about 12in deep and does have an umbrella plant on the side ( I can get a trash can) so she will be able to climb up, was going to take it out because other members said I should yes, I’ll add a little more cal to the crickets for her. Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom